joberg2c 2015

DIPSLICK

Tyre question.

Are there any clear, no-brainer tyre choices for this event?

I'm guessing that a tyre with good rolling properties will be more suitable than an aggressive tread.

Also interested to know whose running what - im inclined to go with my current set up.

Fast track front and renegade rear - both the control versions.

May change the Renegade at the back to a Fast Track as well though not sure.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad it works perfectly thanks, would the 510 be better in your opinion?

Its a bigger screen but find the colour sometimes harder to make out on the bike in direct sunshine.

The breadcrumb trail shows up fine on the 500, even in bright sunlight. I haven't tried the 510 so cant comment if it will be better.

Tyre question.

Are there any clear, no-brainer tyre choices for this event?

I'm guessing that a tyre with good rolling properties will be more suitable than an aggressive tread.

I have used Racing Ralph Snakeskins for the last 3 J2C's, with no issues at all. Good rolling definitely more suitable than too much tread. Having said that the conditions have always been pretty good and a lot of rain could obviously affect choice. 

Was it easy to follow?

Im planning on racing it as such and ya doing it solo..

Not at first but after riding 10 km, yes.

Our training course was a loop that crossed over itself a couple of times which added some confusion.

The trainers explained that the J2C route is linear, so far simpler. And that they will physically mark any potentially confusing intersections. Plus, you have the rest of the field to follow (or not... if you're very fast).

All this said I have heard from people who did a few kilometres unplanned deviation on last year's event because they 'followed the guy in front' and ignored warning beeps from GPS.

Perhaps someone who 'raced' last year's event, can comment more accurately.

Im hoping as you say its simple :thumbup:

Not planning on doing any extra km with the already tough distances, so will listen clearly for beeps :w00t:

Hi,

First post, first stage race - doing the three day and considering transport options.

Thinking of driving to Durban and taking the shuttle to Underberg start.

Anyone else considering this option from Cape Town who might want to go along for the drive - maybe split expenses.

Riding solo and very excited - no idea what to expect!

Good luck everyone riding.

For a better idea of what to expect go to the sani2c thread cause that's what you doing ;)

Enjoy the ride don't go to hard on your day one save matches for day 2 you will need them

Hi,

First post, first stage race - doing the three day and considering transport options.

Thinking of driving to Durban and taking the shuttle to Underberg start.

Anyone else considering this option from Cape Town who might want to go along for the drive - maybe split expenses.

Riding solo and very excited - no idea what to expect!

Good luck everyone riding.

Welcome to the hub. This is where you want to be:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/140870-sani2c-2015/page-5?hl=%2Bsani&do=findComment&comment=2555981

Enjoy the ride!

Hi. I have 1 solo entry for Joberg2C (unfortunately I can't make it). Please email me at kgcato@gmail.com if you or anyone you know is interested. Also placed an ad on classifieds if you want to check it out. Good luck to those who have entered - its going to be an awesome ride!!!

You are not alone!

I remember when biellie meillie came up in 2013 I entered the Wednesday without even thinking about the mileage (110km if I remember) now doing 60 km is like 1000km in my mind

At least all the important things are done

Massages booked. Check

Camper van booked. Check

Driver for van organized. Check

Flights check

Hotel and family holiday check

Now I just the fitness ,,,legs,,,and I need to cut off half a human off my body and I'll be sweet

I remember when biellie meillie came up in 2013 I entered the Wednesday without even thinking about the mileage (110km if I remember) now doing 60 km is like 1000km in my mind

At least all the important things are done

Massages booked. Check

Camper van booked. Check

Driver for van organized. Check

Flights check

Hotel and family holiday check

Now I just the fitness ,,,legs,,,and I need to cut off half a human off my body and I'll be sweet

I feel the same, im 15 kg heavier than I was a year ago. Got 4 weeks of some serious riding to do to just spend some time in the saddle.

Doing 3 1.5hours per week, with some light runs in between. 3 hours Saturday and 3 hours Sunday. And It feels like I'm dying, a year ago I was doing 80-120km rides every weekend.. I hope it comes back fast.

Or my 1x10 and myself are going to be in some serious trouble.

Need to book my massage too. Will get to that tomorrow! NB I hear

Any guys from Pretoria East Riding this year? Perhaps a get together or group ride once a week?

I feel the same, im 15 kg heavier than I was a year ago. Got 4 weeks of some serious riding to do to just spend some time in the saddle.

Doing 3 1.5hours per week, with some light runs in between. 3 hours Saturday and 3 hours Sunday. And It feels like I'm dying, a year ago I was doing 80-120km rides every weekend.. I hope it comes back fast.

Or my 1x10 and myself are going to be in some serious trouble.

Need to book my massage too. Will get to that tomorrow! NB I hear

Any guys from Pretoria East Riding this year? Perhaps a get together or group ride once a week?

SNAP ME TOO ON THE WEIGHT ,,,sadly cheating(running) for me is not an option to quickly get fit,,,,I think we must all meet at the back of the pack and cruise down to the sea

anyone got a hook up for electric bikes, those that you have to look twice to see the battery and the motor :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Archived