Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should make it.

wonder if Dipslick will make it... :whistling:

Quite a few of the original people missing now days

GarF ???

Sorry chaps, won't make it on Tuesday unless a quick fix...

Cycleops powerbeam going in for a checkup - could not get the thing to run properly. I was putting out 367w at about 10rpm with little effort. Was tempted to join the race to feel what it's like to race like the strong boys :ph34r:

Now it won't calibrate. Must be something to do with the black square tape I rubbed off with the clean.

Enjoy the race. 

Sorry chaps, won't make it on Tuesday unless a quick fix...

Cycleops powerbeam going in for a checkup - could not get the thing to run properly. I was putting out 367w at about 10rpm with little effort. Was tempted to join the race to feel what it's like to race like the strong boys :ph34r:

Now it won't calibrate. Must be something to do with the black square tape I rubbed off with the clean.

Enjoy the race. 

After you mentioned it I looked and saw that piece of tape...touched it very carefully trying to sense what it is....did not work

If you can pse ask the guys who are checking yours what exactly its significance is

Hope u get sorted quickly

After you mentioned it I looked and saw that piece of tape...touched it very carefully trying to sense what it is....did not work

If you can pse ask the guys who are checking yours what exactly its significance is

Hope u get sorted quickly

Hope to get time to take it in this afternoon. Will give feedback.

Cycleops Powerbeam Pro feedback:

Manage to visit the Bicycle Power offices in Rivonia this morning.

Mike was eager to help. He removed the tape on the right of the roller and ran a test...all working 100% (isn't that always the case...)

Seems the tape is only there to cover a hole and has NO significant role to play in the power or speed measurement. So I can't explain why I had power and speed drops during my last race. The tape had nothing to do with it...

We did pick up some liquid on and around the roller. Not sure where that came from.

I also noticed that their wheel grabbed the roller nice and tight without any significant slippage.

Mike offered that I bring bike, IPAD and IDT to their office for complete test of all the parts to see where the fault might be.

I have to say, the service is Top Notch. No 10 questions about where is your receipt, extra charges, bla bla. Straight to the point with the aim at customer satisfaction. Very rare in today's promise of "good" service...

Big up to Mike and Bicycle Power. If you had any doubt which trainer has backup, seems I've chosen right - Cycleops!

Will connect tonight and hopefully join in the OLR and give it a go.

Cycleops Powerbeam Pro feedback:

Manage to visit the Bicycle Power offices in Rivonia this morning.

Mike was eager to help. He removed the tape on the right of the roller and ran a test...all working 100% (isn't that always the case...)

Seems the tape is only there to cover a hole and has NO significant role to play in the power or speed measurement. So I can't explain why I had power and speed drops during my last race. The tape had nothing to do with it...

We did pick up some liquid on and around the roller. Not sure where that came from.

I also noticed that their wheel grabbed the roller nice and tight without any significant slippage.

Mike offered that I bring bike, IPAD and IDT to their office for complete test of all the parts to see where the fault might be.

I have to say, the service is Top Notch. No 10 questions about where is your receipt, extra charges, bla bla. Straight to the point with the aim at customer satisfaction. Very rare in today's promise of "good" service...

Big up to Mike and Bicycle Power. If you had any doubt which trainer has backup, seems I've chosen right - Cycleops!

Will connect tonight and hopefully join in the OLR and give it a go.

Thanks, interesting wonder what that hole is for.....

Maybe the link between tablet and power meter, problem on the tablet app most likely??

Okay. So on this technical note : Desktop version

On most of my video routes, the speed of the grafix is too fast. I know a car was used when the route was recorded, but there must be a function where one can adjust the speed to be more realistic?

In the left top corner of the screen there is a red spanner icon, but nothing happens when adjusting this slide bar. Some routes slide bars are locked and greyed out.

Anybody knows how tom set the video speed on routes with Virtual Trainer?

Don't think the fault lays with my grafix card, as with all the other programs, video speed is normal

U can turn video off

Can you disable video on the desktop version? I recall that one couldn't, that's why we typically raced routes without video.

Archived