• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Really enjoyed it. I think it would be best appreciated on the big screen due to the special effects, but all still fairly believable.  

poses an interesting discussion

what is priority for everyone in movies?

Tarrantino filmed hateful 8 on 70mm film and made it abundantly clear it should be watched in a theatre capable of that to get the full effect. So is it Scenery, Effects, Animation, movement  motion and placement or good 'ol storyline.

me...i'm all for movement motion and placement and story..not really bothered by scenery or effects

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

poses an interesting discussion

what is priority for everyone in movies?

Tarrantino filmed hateful 8 on 70mm film and made it abundantly clear it should be watched in a theatre capable of that to get the full effect. So is it Scenery, Effects, Animation, movement  motion and placement or good 'ol storyline.

me...i'm all for movement motion and placement and story..not really bothered by scenery or effects

Well using The Finest Hours as an example, the story was really interesting because it depicted a real life event.  From the effects, if that is what they actually had to go through, the fact that they did it and survived is pretty amazing.

In general though, if I can get lost in a movie, then to me it was good, whether it be story line, effects, or acting.  Sometimes you know a movie is just all out rubbish, but the entertainment factor is huge, like San Andreas - totally unbelievable, but the sheer absurdity was entertaining.

What a waste of 3 hours of my life, no matter what he filmed it on...

the missus and I are busy watching it....we got to the intermission and paused it on Sunday....will continue again this Sunday...apparently the second half is better...but i will reserve judgement

a little bit of disturbing news related to that movie

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6866987/kurt-russell-smash-guitar-hateful-eight-muesum-martin

This time, the authenticity of Quentin Tarantino’s period films went a little too far. 

Did you see The Hateful Eight? Do you remember the scene where Kurt Russell grabs a guitar from Jennifer Jason Leigh and smashes it? 

Well, it wasn’t a prop guitar, but a genuine 1870s six-string on loan from the Martin Guitar Museum. And needless to say, the Martin Guitar Museum isn’t happy.

the missus and I are busy watching it....we got to the intermission and paused it on Sunday....will continue again this Sunday...apparently the second half is better...but i will reserve judgement

a little bit of disturbing news related to that movie

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6866987/kurt-russell-smash-guitar-hateful-eight-muesum-martin

This time, the authenticity of Quentin Tarantino’s period films went a little too far. 

Did you see The Hateful Eight? Do you remember the scene where Kurt Russell grabs a guitar from Jennifer Jason Leigh and smashes it? 

Well, it wasn’t a prop guitar, but a genuine 1870s six-string on loan from the Martin Guitar Museum. And needless to say, the Martin Guitar Museum isn’t happy.

I guess there are fans of his work who will praise it as the greatest piece of cinema ever.

I, however, am not one of those people.

My reaction at the end was, "****, did I really just spend 2 and 3/4 hours of my life on this!"

As for the guitar, what the hell is wrong with him?

I guess there are fans of his work who will praise it as the greatest piece of cinema ever.

I, however, am not one of those people.

My reaction at the end was, "****, did I really just spend 2 and 3/4 hours of my life on this!"

As for the guitar, what the hell is wrong with him?

there was a replica prop that was meant to be used and they got confused...but really why do you need an authentic 150 year old priceless antique...when a replica will do the job just fine

there was a replica prop that was meant to be used and they got confused...but really why do you need an authentic 150 year old priceless antique...when a replica will do the job just fine

I agree.

Who knew they had it in there, besides the museum? Clearly they couldn't even remember, so the replica was obviously really good...

We watched Dead Pool last night.  Totally kickass!  I loved the references to all the old movies that he's previously starred in.

The bridge fight scene in the beginning was shot here in Cape Town in case anyone was wondering.

Really enjoyed it. I think it would be best appreciated on the big screen due to the special effects, but all still fairly believable.

Saw it yesterday

Great love story embedded there

Intense sea going scenes

Chris Pine ahowed up well as the lead

Somehow declined The Hateful Eight

Will watch it on Telly

Looks looooong and dull (biased)

Trust me, its longer and even more dull than you imagine ;)

EDIT: Also, can anyone who has seen the movie explain to me what the hell the title had to do with anything?

Edited by Lurch the stalker