[Event] 2014 NISSAN TrailSeeker #3 Curro Hazeldean

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking to enter the 70 as my first long distance MTB event ( all 30 or 35 up to now). Is this the right event for a first timer to push the boundaries or should I rather go shorter?

Looking to enter the 70 as my first long distance MTB event ( all 30 or 35 up to now). Is this the right event for a first timer to push the boundaries or should I rather go shorter?

Good place to start. Pace yourself

As far as I can remember most of the route is flatish. Wanted to take on a longer distance, but it will be the first time I go cycle with a friend of mine. And he is still newish to the cycling scene.

Fast and faster, rather flat and fast! Sub 4 hours is very easy to achieve!

Thanks

How would this compare to Hakahana? I'm assuming / hoping quite a bit easier?

Much easier.I normally check the results of the top guys of the different events to gauge the difference.Not many riders averaged over 20Km/hr in yesterday's Hakahana marathon.In other words it was bloody tough going.

Much easier.I normally check the results of the top guys of the different events to gauge the difference.Not many riders averaged over 20Km/hr in yesterday's Hakahana marathon.In other words it was bloody tough going.

Damn straight. That 65km yesterday was tougher than the 95km of the K2C imho. I've never pushed the bike that much before.

Wessel

Is there a reason for the nearly 2 month gap between race #2 and #3 or is that just the way the chips fall.

Ideally 5 events over 5 months - End May till End October.

We kept a gap there fro some of our other events like the new Dualx.co.za series...

Archived