Cape Town Suburbs and local riding spots

awesme

Does anyone have the link to the Tokai routes.

From the 2 sites shared it seems the rides are of a shorter nature.

Where do the Cpt guys ride to do say 50-80km, 500-750/900m ascent.

G

If you are looking for someone to show you around the Tokai trails, I am always willing to assist and meet more riders to join in our group rides :thumbup:

People staying in Blouberg, where do you go ride?

G

I'm guessing koeberg is actually the closest option.

You can put together a 50 km ride with ease if you ride the red, yellow and green routes at Bottelary Hills. Ascent will be more than 1000 meters.

Remembering the Koeberg area from when I grew up in Bellville... it's flat if I recall?

G

PS

Thanks for all the information,

Playing with ideas in my head, nothing confirmed yet, all pencil ideas/possibilities.

G

You'll have to do a moerrrrrrr of a lot of mileage to get 900m ascent at Koeberg...

Durbanville hills are good for mileage, you can link up a few of the trails if you're ok with a bit of tar in between. Otherwise look at Grabouw area - Paul Cluver, Thandi, Lebanon, Oak Valley and others can be linked for some serious weekend missions.

hehehe

Think I might be spoiled...

5 km away is Thaba, 17km green lap, 3 laps and you have 50km and 1000m ascent, then you haven't even added any blue, more technical, more climbing.

2 km away is Rietvlei, nice parking area, from where we do outrides of between 38km all the way up to 110km depending how you go. from 250m ascent to 600m.

G

Top of Black Hill turn right and off you go to the dam on top of Simonstown 25km or so , tough lot of sand, cool if you in the Fish Hoek area