Strongest Riders

Canaris

Which city has the strongest riders?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which city has the strongest riders?

• Tshwane (pretoria)
    • Joburg
    • Cape Town
    • Port Elizabeth (Border)
    • Benoni

A short discussion was held,

the Cape townian said he was the strongest because in the cape they have "like the mountain" and nobdy can bet to the Pomphuis in Gordon's bay.Also they have the fun riders world championships (which can be done in under three hours.

THe Joburger corrected him as in Joburg there is the toughest race, and anyway kids moer cars for training.  Anyway the real tough guys use Golf course hill and Fischer hill for hill training.

The Port Elizabeth cyclists indicated that living in a permanent wind tonnel qualified them to speak with authority.

THE Pretoria rider was a bit embarrassed and decided not to comment, after all there are no hills in Pretoria that require a small blade.  Also the weather in Pta just seemed right the whole year around.......

Then the Benoni rider spoke sagely of the Benoni World Championships and all instinctively knew.

In JHB south, we got tired of all this arguing, so we imported some of the Alps...hit the Suikerbosrand dudes...it'll make you Uber sterk!!!

obviously the pro's is better cause the racing is there.....SV and Vets....that is a different discussion.....that will be almost 30 pages long!

obviously the pro's is better cause the racing is there.....SV and Vets....that is a different discussion.....that will be almost 30 pages long!

Let's leave the pro's out of this. On average, what deprevations are the cycling population (amateur) of each city willing to subject themselves to?

Nice one Kona

Should re-name this thread/poll - "What town do you come from?" and you'll get the same results.

Nice one Kona

Should re-name this thread/poll - "What town do you come from?" and you'll get the same results.

more like:  "Which city breeds the most arrogant, self centred, self promoting, maschistic people in Africa?"

Nice one Kona

Yah, thought the same thing, I cant see how anyone can honestly be objective here. 

Nice one Kona

more like:  "Which city breeds the most arrogant' date=' self centred, self promoting, maschistic people in Africa?"
[/quote']

but that is easy....JHB!!

Apology to Durbs and Bloemfontein. 

Durbs is mos a vakansie plek (people don't actually live there)Wink

and Bloem is a blur on the way to Cape Town.Wink

hmm, i'm sure the people who bust their asses, on the bike and at work, will like that. anyway, for what it's worth, consider my comment as a vote for durban.

hmm' date=' i'm sure the people who bust their asses, on the bike and at work, will like that. anyway, for what it's worth, consider my comment as a vote for durban.[/quote']

unfortunately, perceptions are some peoples reality.

there are stories and there are facts... and it is a FACT that cape town cyclists are genarally funriders and cant ride. Racing in gauteng you cant compare and is just completely different and harderavatar2008-03-10 05:02:22