BMI tables

Canaris

That's the thing - muscle is much heavier than fat, so if you train alot, your muscle mass (and potentially weight)will increase, but your bodyfat index wil drop. 

That's the thing - muscle is much heavier than fat' date=' so if you train alot, your muscle mass (and potentially weight)will increase, but your bodyfat index wil drop.  [/quote']

Exactly my point.

BMI is about as accurate as the 220-age method of determining your max heart rate.  It is a generalisation and only used to scare fat people!
Please where your sensitivity??? There are not called FAT!!!!!! ....but merely nutritional overachievers!!

Bah,........what a load of nonsense, BMI is for sedentary couch potatoes, not one runner that I train with is at his "ideal" BMI index, we are all overweight according to the scale.

I want to see the person who devised this crap run the Comrades in under 7 hours like some of my (overweight ???) training buds.

Well this told me something I knew.  I need to drop 12 kg more.

I went for a fitness test and they found that round my waist I have a fat% of 34%.  My arms was like in 5% and chest area was 20%.  Now I am training to drop that number to the low teens.

So I guess that is would be better to get a qualified person to do the readings.  So go for a real fitness test to get the correct numbers.

www.drstephenhardy.com/drupal/pdfs/Adult%20BMI%20Table%20-%20Metric.pdf

I decided to check if I was over weight.  Height 169 check' date=' weight 70kg check.  OMG.  Big mistake.

No more chocoltae money for me.....[/quote']

According to the tables you are too short.  Grow some!Big%20smile