[Event] Lord Of The Chain Rings 2014

DirtBag

Ok, so I planned to the the Hobbit only and ended up with and individual entry for the whole race.

Super excited! I just hope that my fitness will be up to scratch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I planned to the the Hobbit only and ended up with and individual entry for the whole race.

Super excited! I just hope that my fitness will be up to scratch.

How did the day go Fanie. Looking at that Sat profile with trepidation. I'm gonna s#/t bricks. Not nearly enough training.

How did the day go Fanie. Looking at that Sat profile with trepidation. I'm gonna s#/t bricks. Not nearly enough training.

It was tough! With the rain most of the single track was slippier than snot mixed with sunlight liquid.

But the views made it all worth it [emoji1]

It was tough! With the rain most of the single track was slippier than snot mixed with sunlight liquid.

But the views made it all worth it [emoji1]

I see Andrew Enerbee came 3rd.

Enjoyed the Hobbit ride, but the second half seemed to be just making up the km, no fun sections. They missed a trick after the waterfall waterpoint before Gaika's Kop, there was a lekker cattle track past the vlei

I see Andrew Enerbee came 3rd.

Enjoyed the Hobbit ride, but the second half seemed to be just making up the km, no fun sections. They missed a trick after the waterfall waterpoint before Gaika's Kop, there was a lekker cattle track past the vlei

yip that second half sucked, esp after we had to do it twice (we did a section on day 2).

that little waterfall was a real life saver as my water started to run out after pushing a bit harder than planned on that climb after WP2.

speaking of enerbee, those little sachets really work. I used them again during the ride and the energy boost you get is great, only downside it doesn't last very long and the sweetness dries out my throat.  

That's why i don't like honey, too sweet. I was pissed that there was no wp in the 2nd half. I also had to use the waterfall.

Archived