Tri Rock half in Cradle

IceCreamMan

Well done Grant!

Kudos on having the kahunas to put on an event that no-one has dared, for investing some serious cash to bring the sport to the Cradle and for having the backbone to face up to the shortcomings.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Grant,

Great response - and helps put a lot in perspective. Please work on your communication.  SMS, Email, Social Media... makes it so easy.  Sure pre-race is busy, but this is very important, will help with safety, awareness, and ultimately better PR.

Well done on pulling this off.  Knowing that you invested the money to build the road changes everything – respect.

Ok... so wind was the reason the swim was short... Angry residents the reason for short cycle... Reason for short run???

Ok... so wind was the reason the swim was short... Angry residents the reason for short cycle... Reason for short run???

Dude, he is taking it all on the chin. Do you really need an explanation for everything? They made mistakes, he is admitting it.

I see a lot of blaming of suppliers in the response.

The reality is that doing tri's are expensive.... if I did an individual swim at Heia it costs 180 , a 21 km run event normally runs at around 120 , a 102 km cycle event runs at around R290 so in total that's 590 rand. then I get water points and proper markers etc....

Trirock billed between 1300 and 1900 depending on when u entered, the mistakes made should of been foreseen and never allowed to occur, lets face it when we pay our hard earned cash we don't expect or deserve a proliferation of errors.

but having said the above I will be back, I still believe that we need to support this event to ensure its survival...however if next year is not  perfect I will demand my money back. Will prolly do Durban as well and then amashova the week after.

Dude, he is taking it all on the chin. Do you really need an explanation for everything? They made mistakes, he is admitting it.

As I said earlier on in the post - I enjoyed the race. Cant change the fact I am disappointed.

Done back to back Tri Rocks and both short on distances....

I see a lot of blaming of suppliers in the response.

I too felt that the response seemed like blame shifting but as i didn't do the event i shall keep my opinions reserved.

i do hope that they sort everything out as i would like to do this event next year as my 1st attempt at this distance after doing the IM5150 in Nov as my 1st every Tri.

As I said earlier on in the post - I enjoyed the race. Cant change the fact I am disappointed.

Done back to back Tri Rocks and both short on distances....

Pfft... you guys are all crazy ……none of these races have been short !  I posted new PB's at both Trirocks because I am a legend and can improve my fitness by thinking about training instead of actually doing it.   

Please stop spreading this malicious rumour .... you are messing up my bragging rights.

In any event did you see how far it was from the Car park to the bike rack??? Surely we should add that onto the total distance?

• 1 month later...

Watched the highlight package on Supersport. Man oh Man that riding on the right hand side of the road with normal riders on training rides on the left made it look massively messy.

I must say the rest of the highlight reel made it look like a pretty schweet event.

I have pencilled this event in my calendar for next year.

Watched it too.

Liked the oke having to run round the Zebra on the course. Really beautiful venue.

Received my trophy for my age group place but I am still waiting for the kit that they promised which was part of the prize. Another mate of mine also placed in his age group, was promised a pair of running shoes as a prize and is also still waiting. I wonder if the sponsors know that the athletes haven't received the prizes they put up. Also no word about the medals that were meant to be posted out.

Davem you seem to be a big supporter, any comment on this????

Yep, also didn't wait for Prizegiving and still waiting for my prize and medal......Tick Tock, not holding my breath. But the fact that the timing was so messed up I don't think this will be resolved. 

Archived