Hill2Hill 2014

dyls

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you cross the line with me, I call the wife from the top of sunrise hill and she waits on the finish straight with a beer :drool:

we rode shongweni / Summerveld on Sunday and finished our 50k ride around 12ish ...it was a tad warm in the valley .....Hydration with electrolytes is going to be much needed if temps are the same.

we rode shongweni / Summerveld on Sunday and finished our 50k ride around 12ish ...it was a tad warm in the valley .....Hydration with electrolytes is going to be much needed if temps are the same.

And a mighty fine establishment to spend the night at the day before the race

I am a weekend warrior but have already entered the 100km- great what have I done :eek:

Entered a 100km dirt road ride... you'll *** off on the hills on the end if you're not fit. Enjoy.

I also rode Shongweni/Alverstone yesterday and it was humid- weather looks better for the race though so fingers crossed.

Yup it was 32 degrees while riding though summerveld on Saturday morning, and 27 when we dropped down into giba yesterday afternoon, I hope its cooler on Sunday

In comparison to Karkloof and Eston what is it like technically wise?

Like the road to the venue

Hahahahahahaha you serious???

Its mainly dirt road stuff hey there's a bit of single track but nothing technical, apparently they are throwing some more single track in this year...

In comparison to Karkloof and Eston what is it like technically wise?

It is extremely technical!!!,LMFAO sorry could not resist,some might say it is technical but I don't really think it's too much to worry about,fitness should be more of your worry.

apparently they are throwing some more single track in this year...

...adding a few more switchbacks near Summerveld then... those are fun!!!

...adding a few more switchbacks near Summerveld then... those are fun!!!

Last time I rode it some chop rode straight through the switchbacks while everyone followed the track!...

Archived