PPA stay in CSA

Icycling

The votes were counted and it done and dusted for the greater good of cycling in RSA PPA will stay in CSA. Thanks for al those who came.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what did the big brass vote?  Did they want to split?

They opted not to vote by hand - rather went the secret ballot route

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

the constitution calls for a show o hands but they quickley had a vote to do it by secret ballot- politician at their best.

lots of smoke and mirrors by some Lance dude

out of the 70 members that attended their must of been about 60 members who were already retired or on pension. it was like an old age home (no disrespect intended) because they voted with their head not their heart. the arguments for dissaffiliation were mostly uninformed and emotional twaddle.

out of the 70 members that attended their must of been about 60 members who were already retired or on pension. it was like an old age home (no disrespect intended) because they voted with their head not their heart. the arguments for dissaffiliation were mostly uninformed and emotional twaddle.

The turnout tonight clearly indicates the level of apathy amongst cyclists in this country.  Thank goodness for those people that did turn up.  IMHO it would have been a disaster for the PPA to disaffiliate.

I must admit when I saw the people their (retired or on pension) I took a bet with a fellow committee member that the vote would go the other way.

How wrong I was!

butafly,

I agree with your comments,  age and wiseness gave the day to the heads.

My heart would have said split, but that would have been mostly anger at the poor performance of both the PPA and CSA in this whole affair, and I must admit that up until I listened to all the arguments, some of which were pathetic, my head said stay and lets hope that the parties can get thier act together.

The turnout was an exercise in apathy and the poor turnout of the younger generation, who have so much more to gain in the long run than us oldies was not too surprising. Have seen this same trend in other sports.

Good thing that there was no opportunity to delay the "sunset" clause, I believe that a lot of the problems have been caused by not being forced to make a decision earlier. As PPA members, we need now to put pressure on our "elected officials" to drive the unification process in a direction that will suit the needs of both the funriders, and the racers. We need more transparency and  improved reporting to the members in the future, this will go along way to eliminating the misconceptions that result in the ill feelings.

Was hoping to finally meet some of the hbbers, but saw no wrist bands and did not feel like walking around asking people "are you a hubber?"

THat would have been too much like the fugitive game on KFM radio

BTW I was on the lookout for Hubbers, hoping to meet some of you at last, but saw no wristbands.

Quote "lots of smoke and mirrors by some Lance dude"

What do you expect from a lawyer?????????

So did I Peter, but rational thought and heads won the day. I hope you guys on the committee got the message. Use your influence to drive CSA in a direction to suit both the funriders and the racers joevan2008-03-12 15:54:36

Willehond,

General impresion I got from the big brass, thay wanted to stay in, but were wary of commiting in case the members disagreed.

Well Done PPA.

This is the correct decision.

I'm back on your side again. Now lets working together and form ONE UNITED body in the Stormers Province.

You can do it, you just show last night that you can make the right decisions.

Well done lads for staying in the CSA fold now to get the real work done(remember I am a total outsider from the GP province)but want to see cycling win at the end of the day. PPA and WP Cycling need to iron out their differences and set-up one body firstly, then tackle CSA from a united front with regards cycling in your province and the management in the Western Cape in general.

I cannot believe that with persons running the Cycletour, Giro etc as well as Groot Lem you cannot get CSA to see the bigger picture of using your expertise to better cycling.

Speaking to persons participating in the Giro and riding the Argus as well I found these events to be well oiled machines which says a lot for the administrators hence the need to build on what you have in place already, I am sure Popeye has some valuable input as well.

Once again well done on the decision.