Question: Posting of publicly available photos

DIPSLICK

since ADMIN has warned us i ask in the mostest bestest way, SERIOUSLY now, i am not trolling i am not stirring,,,,PROMISE I AM ASKING

READ I AM ASKING

if a photo is on "open forums" how does the law work, and more so how do the rules work here, if i find a pic of a hubber and its openely available, what does the law say, can i post it, surely it is public domain if you put it out there, then its for everyone to see,,,,i know we have a few lawyers here, i am hoping for a informed answer and not a trols answer, (ok that last part is pushing it)

i am reporting myown post as i really would like to know how it works

sorry about the high jack

since ADMIN has warned us i ask in the mostest bestest way, SERIOUSLY now, i am not trolling i am not stirring,,,,PROMISE I AM ASKING

READ I AM ASKING

if a photo is on "open forums" how does the law work, and more so how do the rules work here, if i find a pic of a hubber and its openely available, what does the law say, can i post it, surely it is public domain if you put it out there, then its for everyone to see,,,,i know we have a few lawyers here, i am hoping for a informed answer and not a trols answer, (ok that last part is pushing it)

i am reporting myown post as i really would like to know how it works

sorry about the high jack

I've split this into a separate thread.

If a photo is publicly available then legally speaking there's nothing stopping someone posting it here assuming the relevant copyrights / terms of use have been adhered to.

Where it will fall foul of our rules is where someone does so with the intent to inflame an argument, incite or personally attack other users.

I've split this into a separate thread.

If a photo is publicly available then legally speaking there's nothing stopping someone posting it here assuming the relevant copyrights / terms of use have been adhered to.

Where it will fall foul of our rules is where someone does so with the intent to inflame an argument, incite or personally attack other users.

THANK YOU

Hi all,

If you want to chit chat please do so in a separate thread. Dipslick's question has been answered and for the benefit of anyone with a similar question in future this thread will be closed and cleaned up.

Archived