Sticky Piston help

Rick Sanchez

Hey guys. I'm having some problems with my M615 Deore hydraulics. Had the bled recently, and found that the stopping power was next to nothing. Lever would go almost to the bar and nothing would happen. Inspected the calipers and found the pistons to be "sticky". Cleaned and lubed the pistons on the front brake, and it fixed the problem. Much better braking force and the lever bites hard almost instantly. Tried the same with the rear brake, and although it did improve it a little, it did not completely fix the problem.

Is there anything else I could try, or should I just keep trying with the aforementioned method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

welcome to the hub.

if the pistons were sticky and you cleaned and lubed them, you might have to bleed again/or properly this time. 

I sorted out the pistons and the calipers line up nicely with the rotors. The rear brake lever is really spongy, I guess bleeding it again will resolve this issue?

welcome to the hub.

if the pistons were sticky and you cleaned and lubed them, you might have to bleed again/or properly this time. 

I sorted out the pistons and the calipers line up nicely with the rotors. The rear brake lever is really spongy, I guess bleeding it again will resolve this issue?

Can't hurt, bleeding the rear brakes properly is normally harder than the fronts, the brake hose is longer and the hose routing often means the caliper sits above the hose unless you take it off the frame or can mount the bike pivoted in a work stand, so it's harder to make sure all the air is taken out relative to the front brake.