Swazi Frontier

Thug

Heard it's tough as nails, over 2km of climbing. Apparently last year they were pulling riders suffering from heatstroke and loading them into ice trucks.

Definitely on my bucket list.

Is that Brandon who sends us our 'Zin Mail? :)

12k for team I think. "Invitation only"

Entries to The LOGICO Swazi Frontier are by invitation only. If you or your friends would like to receive an invitation, please send a request with your/their full name(s) and email address(es)to info@theswazifrontier.sz.

anyone know the costs of an entry so i can start budgeting for next year?

Entry fee (team of 2) this year was R12.6k but add an extra R1k onto that for the Chalet on the Saturday night. You don't want to be stumbling around looking for a tent when the after-party finishes. 

Last year was exceptionally hot with temperatures hitting 40deg C and with the rainy season being late, the forests are going to be extremely dry and dusty. I'm hoping that the temperatures this year don't reach those levels.

There is an entry going....

We have a pairs entry to swazi frontier. 9th – 11th OCTOBER 2014

Anyone keen or know of someone that may be interested? Please spread the word…

Big discount??

Please contact me off group or phone me on number below.

Regards

Gerhard Dobie

(011)895 9000

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that was a proper mountain bike race. A small select field that truly enjoy mountain biking. Definitely not for your average urban warrior, Nissan entrant or dirt roadie.

Day 1 - 60km 1717m climbing

Day 2 - 59km 1287m climbing

Day 3 - 61km 1581m climbing

Wow, that was a proper mountain bike race. A small select field that truly enjoy mountain biking. Definitely not for your average urban warrior, Nissan entrant or dirt roadie.

Day 1 - 60km 1717m climbing

Day 2 - 59km 1287m climbing

Day 3 - 61km 1581m climbing

Interesting.........

Can this be used as a good indicator of one's MTBing pedigree......?

Interesting.........

Can this be used as a good indicator of one's MTBing pedigree......?

A good indicator of your fitness and stamina level, definitely. Pedigree, nah. Winners time on Day 1 was over 4hrs !! Last finisher around 9:30!!

Swaziland is either uphill or downhill and technical.

A good indicator of your fitness and stamina level, definitely. Pedigree, nah. Winners time on Day 1 was over 4hrs !! Last finisher around 9:30!!

Swaziland is either uphill or downhill and technical.

Sounds like a Van Gaalens, Dullstroom, Sabie, maybe Sedgefield, or even a good Magoebaskloof

A truly unique and superb event! Loved it! The navigation-board concept really extends to the camaraderie vibe of the ride.

Kudos to Brett & Lesley!!

Archived