STOLEN - Bike rack Clearwater Mall

Trevor1971

Hi All,

My bike rack was stolen off my car at Clearwater Mall on Thursday 4th September 2014. I immediately reported it to the malls security and asked them to view the CCTV footage. The security manager said that he would do that and get back to me in the next couple of days. Furthermore it was very convenient that the security guard for that sector was on lunch and there was no replacement stationed there during his break. Anyway the security manager phoned me back the next day telling me that they had viewed the footage and managed to see that it was a person driving a green uno and unfortunately they could not make out the person or the reg of the car. He then told me that they would have to view the footage from the gate cameras but that it was handled by a different company. This he said would take a couple of days and he would phone me back then. Guess what happened? If you think they phoned me back saying they had info, gave a %$#@ and even managed to retrieve my carrier you would be wrong. If you guessed NOTHING, you would be absolutely right.

After the couple of days had passed and me hearing nothing back, I phoned, only to be told that they had viewed only 2hrs of footage and found that the green uno had not left the premises through any of the exit points and that they can do nothing further.

WTF??? You pay exorbitant amounts for secure parking only to be told - Sorry its your problem.

I unfortunately do not have a pic of the carrier, but can describe it fully. Its a decent carrier with a couple of distinguishing traits. If anyone has been offered a carrier from someone driving a green uno or has perhaps seen a green uno with a three bike carrier driving around the westrand area, please contact me.

I know its only a bike rack, but its caused a huge inconvenience.

My email is trevor@wcb.co.za

Sorry about your loss. I live close to ClearwaterMall and I flat refuse to shop there. There is no free parking option even if you willing to walk. And then this bull about not having any footage. What on earth are we paying for then? Where am I right now? I'm at Cresta Shopping Centre.

Sorry about your loss. I live close to ClearwaterMall and I flat refuse to shop there. There is no free parking option even if you willing to walk. And then this bull about not having any footage. What on earth are we paying for then? Where am I right now? I'm at Cresta Shopping Centre.

You will lose your whole car at Cresta,let alone your bike rack.Never park in the free parking at Cresta.Always park upstairs under cover

You will lose your whole car at Cresta,let alone your bike rack.Never park in the free parking at Cresta.Always park upstairs under cover

Cresta is better by far...My family and friends have Been parking there for years and nothing has ever happened to our cars, we even park with our bikes on our racks 

Cresta is better by far...My family and friends have Been parking there for years and nothing has ever happened to our cars, we even park with our bikes on our racks 

That's pushing it a bit??

Guest notmyname

That's pushing it a bit??

Stupid. Windsor is in walking distance.. fcuking **** hole.

Stupid. Windsor is in walking distance.. fcuking **** hole.

From your aggression and attitude you seem a bit paranoid...

Near every place in this country is a nearby "undesirable" place.. Clearwater has the taxi rank, Cresta Windsor..

I used to live in windsor and I use the 24 hour super spar in Windsor often .

I also used to live in Hillbrow..

But I am not as paranoid as you it seems, s

Good for you

Speaking from personal and family and friends experiences, Cresta outside parking is a hot spot.

Good for you

Speaking from personal and family and friends experiences, Cresta outside parking is a hot spot.

Have you personally ever had a robbery?

Have you personally ever had a robbery?

Yes, broke into my double cab

I now park upstairs under cover.Far better and it is not really expensive.Turn left at the top of the ramp and park above Incredible Connection.There is always parking there.

Always lock your rack to the car, as well as the bike to the rack. Even at races. Thieves are everywhere, including inside the MTB community.

I have an old Bike Caddy or Trapezium carrier, the type that bolts onto a flat tow plate. You can have it gratis, provided you come fetch. I live 8km from Clearwater in Roodepoort. Chris

Archived