Scott Spark 910 - Problems

Guest TheEpicOne

had same issue and after searching web they mentioned on MTBR to check rear axle, surprise QR axle was not tightened, issue resolved...  

I also get creaks and squeaks on my hard tail.  It is dirt between the seat post and the frame.  Take the seat post out, clean it, give it a bit of lube and put it back in.  Works for me and lasts three or so rides.

Or sometimes its the QR, just clean and lube them as well.

• 2 months later...

Posted Today, 10:54

I had serious creaking coming from the frame...after all the above checks seat post clean...stem clean..headset lube..I even replacing the bb. But  it looks like it was just the adjustable BB height mechanism...(those oval inserts) ...i took it apart and cleaned all the grease off  the ovals and frame ...reassembled and my creak has vanished..remember to put it back the same setting high or low...unless you want to change settings. 

I suspect that these ovals will require regular cleaning and it won't just be a one time cure.

Archived