Front tyre replacement

silent_bob

I know the new NN's will be better, but someone needs to finish buying all the old ones.  If the NN's come at a good price, I would fit them on the front, just be aware they will wear a fair bit  quicker than your Geax in the Western Cape.  On the back tire the knobs on the NN are not strong enough IMO and feels squiggly and on top of it, it will wear super quick.

Another option I would give a try is a Maxxis Ardent in 26x2.25.  These tires should provide a bit more grip and seeing that it is a Maxxis, it should also last a bit.

Or get that Saguaro again and turn the tire around as mentioned earlier to give you more grip.

I know the new NN's will be better, but someone needs to finish buying all the old ones.  If the NN's come at a good price, I would fit them on the front, just be aware they will wear a fair bit  quicker than your Geax in the Western Cape.  On the back tire the knobs on the NN are not strong enough IMO and feels squiggly and on top of it, it will wear super quick.

Another option I would give a try is a Maxxis Ardent in 26x2.25.  These tires should provide a bit more grip and seeing that it is a Maxxis, it should also last a bit.

Or get that Saguaro again and turn the tire around as mentioned earlier to give you more grip.

NN on the rear is what I am running and the wear on the knobs is *** as you say...perhaps a front tyre, but never for the rear :(

why? I just rode W2W with x king front and back .PLENTY Grip .Best combo I have used is Saguaro rear X king front .I have also used nobby nic ,saguaro and ardent in front .All 29 er

Ardent and Saguaro is plenty good for the front the X-king is unpredictable in opinion. It does not "warn" you when it might let go, it just does let go.

Sagauro, starts to slide before it will let go. Nobby nic is the same....would rather have the Racing Ralph up front then

NN on the rear is what I am running and the wear on the knobs is *** as you say...perhaps a front tyre, but never for the rear :(

Here in Switzerland the Schwalbe's last a bit better and provides better grip over the wet rocks and roots.

My combo's are

Drier summer months: Rocket Ron(f)/ Racing Ralph®

Autumn and Spring: Nobby Nic(f)/Rocket Ron®

I also don't ride a lot of tar.  Most riding is forest roads, loamy or muddy singletrack, rocks and roots.

Here in Switzerland the Schwalbe's last a bit better and provides better grip over the wet rocks and roots.

My combo's are

Drier summer months: Rocket Ron(f)/ Racing Ralph®

Autumn and Spring: Nobby Nic(f)/Rocket Ron®

I also don't ride a lot of tar.  Most riding is forest roads, loamy or muddy singletrack, rocks and roots.

Sorry but I couldn't figure out if you are talking about the tyres or if you just want to brag about where you are riding? :whistling:

Sorry but I couldn't figure out if you are talking about the tyres or if you just want to brag about where you are riding? :whistling:

Bit of both :whistling: :P

Yes I have. Personally I will never run the Saguaro in the "Speed" direction. I find it washes out in corners a bit in that setup. Running it for extra grip made a huge difference for me. 

I tried the Saguaro yesterday in the "grip" direction it and it works a charm. Should have done that long ago. Thanks for your advise!

I tried the Saguaro yesterday in the "grip" direction it and it works a charm. Should have done that long ago. Thanks for your advise!

Awesome, pleasure.  :thumbup:

The front tyre on my 26" MTB needs to be replaced and I need some advise 

Thanks!    

Replace it with a 29er...... :whistling:

Sorry, can't type with this flame suit on...... :devil:

Good thing you have it on. The 26" boys will be coming after you.

Good thing you have it on. The 26" boys will be coming after you.

Ja, if they can catch me with their little training wheels....... :clap:

Archived