Banshee Demo Tour

Fade to black

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope afraid not. We will be at Jonkershoek from 8:30am tomorrow.

Should anyone like to book a demo after Tomorrow please book ahead, as we are leaving for JHB on Thursday.

Please contact me at phia@a-line.co.za

We have the Spitfire and Rune to demo. Unfortunately the Phantom was sold out when we ordered our consignment. We will soon have a Transition Smuggler to demo- similar travel and handling to the Phantom.

Had two runs down Paarl yesterday on the Rune. Awesome bike! Really awesome bike! Plusher than expected, jumps well, nice and slack, pedals when you need it to. As far as non-Carbon bikes go, this is my next one. Plus you won't bump into seven other (Nomads...) on your Sunday ride.

I reckon you can point this down most DH tracks here and still own.

We have the Spitfire and Rune to demo. Unfortunately the Phantom was sold out when we ordered our consignment. We will soon have a Transition Smuggler to demo- similar travel and handling to the Phantom.

Smuggler nice but you can only run single ring on it and the Phantom can run 2 or 3 and you can adjust the Phantoms geo with the tabs. It can also take 3 different axel lengths so it a bit more versatile than the Smuggler.

A boutique bike brand I’ve been attentive to and quite fortuitously happened upon at one of the Jonkershoek demo days.

Can’t comment on the Rune, it is a bike well beyond the fold on my riding ability. Spent some time on the Spitfire which makes for a stellar trail/enduro bike in my estimation. 

Adjustable geo is fantastic bike geekery, yet in principle it is plenty slack enough even in the steepest setting and has a substantially generous top tube length. Suspension sophistication is notable with a true floating/independent rear triangle - think Santa Cruz, Ibis, Intense.

Dampened by Cane Creeks hugely desirable Double Barrel, the Spirtfire tracks over broken terrain without any trace of wayward pin-ponging. It’s reassuringly stable when rolling over trail chaos, yet the wide bars and committed geo collaborate to make for a bike given to fantastically intuitive directional changes when you speed up into berms or terrain requiring deft flicks to navigate. 

Builds are striking too: Chromag goodies make for much Whistler bike park associated sexiness. If you are keen on a pretty killer 140mm rear travel, floating triangle linked trail/enduro bike made from proper 7005 aluminium the Spitfire is WW2 RAF naming convention retro done rather right.

As an aside, the A-Line people are authentic bike persons too: this does not appear to be a drone like distribution business. I rode with them and they were so very stoked to be in Jonkershoek. 

Edited by LanceB

One thing I should add is that I only pointed the Rune downhill.  Not sure how it pedals up the hill (for those that care about that sort of thing...)

• 2 weeks later...

To all the Bashee lovers and followers in the Western Cape:

We just want to thank you for your warm hospitality and wonderful  support at the demo days. You have made our trip to the Cape so worth it! We could not have asked for better new friendships, awesome trails and epic rides!

Thank you to the Rob and David at Garden Route Trail Park. Your trails together with Jonkershoek are some of the best we have experienced.

Thanks to Jan van Schalkwyk and  SA Alpine addiction (Duane and Karl)  for all the "howling down Steilte. Hopefully next year I will be able to do as many runs as Pieter Henning and Whip- it like Duran... Super fun.

We are back in Johannesburg and will definitely miss Stellenbosch' sunny days.

Think of us whilst you hit Black Diamond...., as we will teach ourselves a few new tricks dogging the odd  pedestrian and his dog in the Spruit. Fun....

Happy riding!

Banshee Demo day- Thaba Trails- 24 January 2015

We are excited to host our first Banshee demo day in Johannesburg this coming Saturday:

Place: Thaba Trails (101 Klip River Drive, Mulbarton (entrance via the Southern Brickyard)

Time: 8 am- 1pm

Date: Saturday 24 January 2015

Hope to see you there!

A-line MTB and Outdoor.

Banshee Demo day- Thaba Trails- 24 January 2015

We are excited to host our first Banshee demo day in Johannesburg this coming Saturday:

Place: Thaba Trails (101 Klip River Drive, Mulbarton (entrance via the Southern Brickyard)

Time: 8 am- 1pm

Date: Saturday 24 January 2015

Hope to see you there!

A-line MTB and Outdoor.

Glad to hear us Joburgers will eventually get a turn to give your babies a spin.

See you on Saturday.

Soooooo

When is your Bloem demo day?

:D

We have about 5kms of #Enduro type trails that we can rail those Banshees on. Pffff