KZN Enduro #1 - Karkloof

Mar

DH will have UNOFFICIAL practice on the Saturday - So the track will be marked, but you need to sort yourself out for shuttles up the Demagtenberg Road - and there will not be any marshals or medics.

Sunday morning is official practice where you will need to have done 2 runs during official practice to be able to race. Racing will be from about 12 i think. For official practice on Sunday we have official shuttle vehicles running 

I am not sure how Dave wants to do it ... But i suspect it will be ... but if you have done the Karkloof Classic 60km or their Enduro Event you will have ridden the trails. They pretty straight forward. Only 4 A/B line options that I can recall 

Shot Nige!!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the Hi-jack, but here goes...

For guys in Gauteng wanting to go down for KZN #1.

KZN #1 travel package

Deal includes:

Traveling from JHB to Karkloof, departing 17h00 on Friday 6th.

Returning on Sunday after the downhill.

Accommodation for Friday and Saturday nights at Shawswood backpackers.

(Bring your own sleeping bag and pillow).

Price per person is R900,00

We currently have two spots available, please P.M. me for more information.

Please note, I am not a travel agent. I am not making money off of this deal, Purely trying to make attending the KZN series more affordable for myself and mates.

probably a stupid question, but didn't spend much time on the website and didn't find a link with the first look.

where do you enter for this?

Is the Enduro gonna be run blind?

Nope, you will be allowed to ride without blindfolds. Even if you're from out of town.

The program for the day will be something like this:

• 08h00 to 11h00     Registration at Karkloof Country Club. 
  • 08h30 to 11h30     Official practice. 
  • 11h45                    Race Briefing at Loading Zone
  • 12h00                    Race begins
  • 15h30                    Expect Last rider in.
  • 14h00                    Prize giving.

This is a guideline and is subject to change.

The loop should take about 2 hours to complete, so everybody is encouraged to ride it once during practice but it is not compulsory. Please note that NO MECHANICAL UPLIFTS ARE ALLOWED FOR PRACTICE OR RACE. This includes if you come out any time before the event.

Please note that NO MECHANICAL UPLIFTS ARE ALLOWED FOR PRACTICE OR RACE. This includes if you come out any time before the event.

This will likely apply to all Enduro events this year.

We are thinking that ... if you are wanting to shuttle - then you need to come and race DH ... Enduro is about the downs - but also being fit and strong enough to ride the whole route.

We dont have hills like in EWS so uplift assist is not necessary in my mind

Nope, you will be allowed to ride without blindfolds. Even if you're from out of town.

The loop should take about 2 hours to complete, so everybody is encouraged to ride it once during practice but it is not compulsory. Please note that NO MECHANICAL UPLIFTS ARE ALLOWED FOR PRACTICE OR RACE. This includes if you come out any time before the event.

Just doing some math here...

If 2 hours is the time that a ride is expected to ride it all in then at 13:30 the last rider should start stage 1. So I assume riders will start at 30sec intervals, otherwise there will have to be 90min-xmin (time riding to actual start of stage 1) = ymin

ymin / 1min intervals = # riders that will finish by 15:30 (with your timing it is less than 90 riders expected)

hehehehe..

I need to chat to Dave about this, but for Karkloof, regulations (and stage position) force us to run the stages in numerical order. So I was thinking we may (depending on numbers) create batches and send riders off in Batches to alleviate congestion.

For the other rounds we will try and run the stages so that you can do the first couple in any order, but have one final one that has to be done last.

But we will confirm this later

I need to chat to Dave about this, but for Karkloof, regulations (and stage position) force us to run the stages in numerical order. So I was thinking we may (depending on numbers) create batches and send riders off in Batches to alleviate congestion.

For the other rounds we will try and run the stages so that you can do the first couple in any order, but have one final one that has to be done last.

But we will confirm this later

Send me off in the first batch, I will get to the first start in time to start with batch 3 or 4 :whistling:

This will likely apply to all Enduro events this year.

We are thinking that ... if you are wanting to shuttle - then you need to come and race DH ... Enduro is about the downs - but also being fit and strong enough to ride the whole route.

We dont have hills like in EWS so uplift assist is not necessary in my mind

Hey Nigel/Dave, will the route be made known to the public before the event weekend so that we may go practise?

Yes JacDre it will - we have to test some stuff this weekend and finailise some admin stuff - Then we will put out a memo next week sometime

The loop should take about 2 hours to complete, so everybody is encouraged to ride it once during practice but it is not compulsory. Please note that NO MECHANICAL UPLIFTS ARE ALLOWED FOR PRACTICE OR RACE. This includes if you come out any time before the event

Is it not stupidly hot at this time of the year?

personally I would rather race at 7/8am and ride the trails blind than die from dehydration.

TBH, how many people are going to practice the morning of the race if they have to ride up?

Is it not stupidly hot at this time of the year?

personally I would rather race at 7/8am and ride the trails blind than die from dehydration.

TBH, how many people are going to practice the morning of the race if they have to ride up?

But it is going to rain that day..

Archived