Hay fever out on a ride

ordinarily, i would agree.

However after 3 months of daily nasal sprays and antihistamines.

That one injection has changed everything.

No more sniffles, sneezing or itchy eyes.

NONE.

Surely the cumulative effect of 3 months of meds cant be good either, also, to a much smaller efficiency.

All i can say, is that i am very grateful for DieBees' suggestion on the injection.

I can speak on two fronts.

1. I am a hay fever sufferer with severe allergy to grass and pollen and can manage my hay fever with the correct anti histamine and nasal spray combo. There are many different sprays and antihistamines available. They are not all the same and the newer generation drugs are better in efficacy and side effect profile.

2. As a health care professional, I have seen patients presenting with side effects from over administration of steroids. The effects I mentioned are real and it takes months to overcome their effects. I still maintain that a steroid injection is a bad idea.

The advice given on this forum (steroid injections) is bad advice and not in keeping with established clinical guidelines for treatment of hay fever and not in keeping with good evidence based medical practice.

At the end of the day, do your research before undertaking any medical advice that you read on "The Hub". Get advice from experts in the field. Unfortunately, there are many dodgy health care professionals out there so question and research information you receive from them as well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived