Gravel and Grape

Dicky DQ

Gaan dalk dit benodig, gaan hard ry! My team mate ry met gekraakte ribbes.....

Ek sal mediese dienste en truuks ruil vir local knowledge en wyn...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louis en Swart Kat kan julle nie met die mense by die spa praat oor die checkout tyd Maandag nie? Die event bring tog baie besigheid in. Hoe kan ons uitboek terwyl ons nog ry? Ons wil nog stort en oppak voor die trippie terug PTA toe.

I completely lost my Mojo after the CTCT affair. Picked up weight and got lazy. I have been off the MTB since W2W and I have no/ crap/ dangerous poor singletrack skills. So currently I will be crap going up and crapper coming down.

I hope it is family friendly (not too many vuilbek suipgatte during the day) at the spa because I am bringing the WHOLE crowd down with me. I am hoping they have such a ball that this can become a regular outing.

Just spoke too my Better Half who is attending a congress in Tulbagh - apparently the wind is pumping. It is dawning on me that I may have taken this too lightly!

Watter wynplase moet ons probeer vir die middagetes? Ons moet darem probeer om die Hubbers te laat ontmoet.

Hoe lank gaan ek op 'n Vrydag middag vanaf 16:00 van die lughawe af ry?

smack bang in the middle of Friday peak hour traffic. Leaving the airport you'll hit traffic on the N2 for a short while before hitting the R300 which will be against the flow of traffic until you reach the N1 for more bumper to bumper traffic. Does your flight land at 4pm or earlier?

Louis en Swart Kat kan julle nie met die mense by die spa praat oor die checkout tyd Maandag nie? Die event bring tog baie besigheid in. Hoe kan ons uitboek terwyl ons nog ry? Ons wil nog stort en oppak voor die trippie terug PTA toe.

Ja nee, dis malligheid! Stuur vir die organiseerders n mail. Hulle kan mos nou nie so onredelik wees nie. Dink tog nie hulle sal mind nie, want die hele plek gaan tot laat daardie dag nog wemel van fietsryers!!!

Man, ek dink jy gaan so 1:30 ry vanaf lughawe. Die verkeer op N1 vanaf R300 rigting Paarl is gewoonlik vloeiend, INDIEN daar nie een of ander poephol iets veroorsaak nie. Deur Du Toitskloof pas is aan Worcester se kant, draai regs Rawsonville. Ek glo daar is genoegsaam aanwysings na ATKV Goudini Spa.

O, jy gaan dit like hier onder by ons hoor, nice MTB'ing coming up!!!

I'm making the reverse Groot Trek to team up with Flash, a mate from the land of wines, to do this race with Mrs Rat in attendance. Flash has his whole family with him so it's a real family affair. Now Flash is fast but not so fit and I'm fit but not so fast, Flash is good on the technicals and loves the downhills which suits me as I have a 20kg advantage on him. So Team Kokkerotte will be the team to beat when things go down but when things go up it will be a whole different kettle of rodent when the cockroach crawl will be the order of the day.

Looking forward to meeting some Hubbers along the way, see you in a week.

I'm making the reverse Groot Trek to team up with Flash, a mate from the land of wines, to do this race with Mrs Rat in attendance. Flash has his whole family with him so it's a real family affair. Now Flash is fast but not so fit and I'm fit but not so fast, Flash is good on the technicals and loves the downhills which suits me as I have a 20kg advantage on him. So Team Kokkerotte will be the team to beat when things go down but when things go up it will be a whole different kettle of rodent when the cockroach crawl will be the order of the day.

Looking forward to meeting some Hubbers along the way, see you in a week.

Maybe all Hubbers doing this race should stick a sticker on their bikes or do something so that we can spot the Hubbers from non-Hubbers..... Always wondering when I pass somebody if they are a Hubber or not. We're gonna be in this shirts....

post-39156-0-82841900-1429358133_thumb.jpg

I have heard we may have a heat wave that weekend. Sun, bike, beer and wine. This is why we live here...

I have heard we may have a heat wave that weekend. Sun, bike, beer and wine. This is why we live here...

Heat wave here? Good luck then to peeps not used to heat! Die Worcester vallei is die fabriek van hitte en wind!!!!

Heat wave here? Good luck then to peeps not used to heat! Die Worcester vallei is die fabriek van hitte en wind!!!!

You can't scare us, Cockroaches can survive a nuclear blast!

You can't scare us, Cockroaches can survive a nuclear blast!

Ha ha, but rats are another story..........

So far the weather looks promising!

Hi Talus, got answer from Spa.

The next group already booked and ready to occupy. Showers are avialable at swimmingpool for our use.

Sorry man,

Louis

You really dont need to worry about the heat! Dust dust sand sand dust dust sand!!

We had NO rain and its dry guys very dry.

Not deep sand just sandy. You guys just have to keep momentum.

Very excited to have you guys here

Louis.

Archived