Kleinmond to Hermanus

Jacques@ACT

Does anyone know if it is possible to cycle from Kleinmond to Hermanus (or most likely Hawston area) via the beach area? Is it possible to cross at the Botriver lagoon mouth?

Thanks

Thanks, I had a look there, and it looks like it might be possible but thought I would ask here. Maybe someone has ridden there before.

that sand is soft, fat bike?

I think the epic did this route once, but might actually have been the cape odyssey rather

that sand is soft, fat bike?

I think the epic did this route once, but might actually have been the cape odyssey rather

Hi yes the epic did do this route 3 times - they will most probably use us again in 2017. I am trying to hook up with other trails - all takes time. There is sand, but mostly in the beginning, but I have noticed, as the trail is getting used, it is getting harder - and Richard threw some gravel on the very sandy areas - We are always fixing it up and tweaking here and there as the comments come in. It is very well sign posted.

My in-laws live in kleinmond, so know the area a bit.

To go offroad all the way to hermanus via the beach is not really possible, but this is as close

If you go from kleinmond, you can access the flower farm trails from the caravan park side. But be warned, the few local mountainbikers as very protective of this little stretch and if they catch you, they tend to sling a lot of abuse.

this part is on the mountain side and a few km's.

the road eventually meets up with the tar road, just before the old horse farm, and there you can just cross the road and get on to the single tracks on the other side that take you past the stables, etc. this road eventually cross the dirt road that goes to the estuary at the beach where the wild horses can be seen.

at the viewpoint/wooden walk bridge you can take the singletracks to to Arabella and they meet up with the tar road just about 1km before the T Junction to hermanus. Here you can turn left (towards N2) and cycle on the shoulder until you get the Karwyderskraal road to your right. (Hoinigklip should be on your left somewhere here, so you can do a loop here first)

You can turn right here and keep on the quiet tar road until you get the gravel road to your left that will eventually take you to hemel en aarde. From here it is quick to hermanus.

Archived