Brilliant customer service - Rockhopper Adventures

malcolmt

Just wanted to share this experience:

Had been sukkeling with a creak in my saddle/seatpost for some time. In and out of various bike shops etc etc - no joy.

Went out for a ride the other day with a group of guys - the one guy who I had never met before said he owned a bike shop and could fix the creak for me, so I stopped-he too a good look and to my shock and horror he points a crack in the seatpost weld. By this stage the crack was getting worse to the point that the bike was becoming dangerous to ride.  No problem he says - here take my bike so that you can continue you on your ride and calmly hands over his sweet-looking Cannondale full carbon MTB for me to ride. To a guy he has never met before.  Turns out his name is Corne Barnard from Rockhopper Adventures in Somerset West and has a Cannondale agency, so he offers to take my bike and sort out all the warranty claims etc. So he rides my bike back to his shop without sitting on the saddle (~20 km), submits the claim to Omnico and by the end of that same week has rebuilt my parts onto a beautiful new black and green Cannondale frame, swopped out my grips and changed my gear cables to improve shifting- all so that the bike is ready to ride by the following Friday.

This to me is unbelievably good customer service-  the type you seldom hear of any more, so a big thumbs up to Corne and John from Rockhopper Adventures for excellent service way beyond expectations.

All I can say is that if anyone is looking for a bike shop in the Somerset West area, do yourselves a favour and look up Rockhopper Adventures (just behind La Romantica restaurant - close to the Mall)

• 6 months later...