Advice on a RPM for a beginner

Americo

But then I would need to buy all the sensors as rpm,speed and heard rate right?

Not necessarily, you can get a bundle package.

HR strap is simple, its a part of getting dressed.

Cadence Sensor you leave on the bike if you really want to use it... (ala Roadie)

Another option is the Sigma ROX 10.0

Bought mine on special from CWC, comes with HR strap and cadence sensor, uses GPS for speed.

Also gives temp, incline, altitude etc. Uploads to strava with one click.

Hello Americo, 

Remember, you do not need to put your phone on you handlebars. Have a look at the Wahoo RFLKT+ this nifty computer simply relays all the info from your phone. No need to charge it either. 

If you require any assistance or advice on the Wahoo RPM or Speed and Cadence sensor, please do not hesitate to contact us the Wahoo Fitness South Africa distributor on 0861249649

Hello Americo, 

Remember, you do not need to put your phone on you handlebars. Have a look at the Wahoo RFLKT+ this nifty computer simply relays all the info from your phone. No need to charge it either. 

If you require any assistance or advice on the Wahoo RPM or Speed and Cadence sensor, please do not hesitate to contact us the Wahoo Fitness South Africa distributor on 0861249649

Great,what's the easiest way to buy it?

Another option is the Sigma ROX 10.0

Bought mine on special from CWC, comes with HR strap and cadence sensor, uses GPS for speed.

Also gives temp, incline, altitude etc. Uploads to strava with one click.

How much was it?

How much was it?

Paid R2600 odd with cedence + HR sensor from CWC.

Sigma sent me a second bike mount for free when I registered on their platform..

Great value for money.

• 2 months later...

Great,what's the easiest way to buy it?

You can grab one at a couple of online stores such a www.buycycle.co.za or www.cyclelab.com

We also supply a couple of stores across SA. Give us a call at 0861249649 and we'll direct you to the closest store. 

The wahoo site says for iOS and Android, but BuyCycle says iOS only.

Do you get these nifty units for Android? I have a dedicate LG G2 for cycling.

Hello Americo, 

No matter how you look at it using your phone and getting the sensors is a big waste. Use the Rox or the Garmin or a dedicated tool. As soon as you start doing proper rides you are going to run into serious battery issues. then all of of those phone tools are just ornaments.

The wahoo site says for iOS and Android, but BuyCycle says iOS only.

Do you get these nifty units for Android? I have a dedicate LG G2 for cycling.

Seriously? That is huge $$ for a wannabe cycling tool. With what you spent on that and a few $$ more you could have gotten a Power meter, Garmin/Rox etc as well. Unless it was a gift of course.

Seriously? That is huge $$ for a wannabe cycling tool. With what you spent on that and a few $$ more you could have gotten a Power meter, Garmin/Rox etc as well. Unless it was a gift of course.

Not really. Paid R1,200 for it in a Carbonite deal. My day to day phone is a G3 and stays at home.

The G2 is my dedicated car nav device and cycling strava device.

I will get an Edge 510 if I can find one at a good price. But the G2 will still travel with me for Strava sync and follow me.

But then I would need to buy all the sensors as rpm,speed and heard rate right?

It normally comes in a package - the whole kit. Even sometimes on classifieds

Archived