gerrie101

Good Morning,

Could someone please advise me on decent Cleats and sizing...I'm a size 12 but struggle to find correct information on my size...

Regards,

Gerrie

Welcome as others have said, road or MTB and what type of pedals you are using/looking to get for cleats?

Cleats are not specific to shoe size (one size fits all), but will be specific to type of shoe (MTB or road) and make of pedals

Gerrie101, Cleats are a attachment to a shoe (road or MTB)  

with regards to shoe sizing these are normally measured in European sizes, Men’s sizes go like this for Diadora, Duegi and Lake shoes: Size 7 is a 40; size 7.5 is a 41; sizes 8 and 8.5 are a 42; and sizes 9 and 9.5 are a 43. In Diadora, size 10 is a 44; size 10.5 is a 45; size 11.5 is a 46; and size 12.5 is a 47. In Lake and Duegi, size 10 is a 44; size 10.5 is a 45; size 11 to 11.5 are a 46; size 12 and 12.5 are a 47. With Look, size 7 is a 40; size 7.5 is a 41; sizes 8 and 8.5 are a 42; size 9 is a 43; size 10 is a 44; sizes 10.5 to 11 are a 45; and size 11.5 is a 46. 

If you buying online just make sure there’s a good return policy in case the shoes don't fit

Hi thank you for the great response... I definitely see I have a lot to learn.. I started with road cycling...

Thanks guys will do some proper reading and sort out my terminology..

Have a awesome weekend...

It's like buying any other shoe. Go to a bike shop, check out some sizes, buy the one that fits you.

Look out for Olympic. It's a local brand that puts other shoes twice the price to shame. They are great for starting out and great for more advanced riders.

Stay away from the Mr Price brand Maxed. They are cheap for a reason. They flex so much, you can run in them.

Archived