Berg and Bush 2015

Ratty

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Water, juice, tea and coffee was for free in the chill zone.

Ja.. that's how it's always been.. and why it was weird to me that they posted that they sat without anything to drink all day..

They only thing you pay for is booze and soft drinks while you are there..

Maybe they didn't know about the chill zone.. which would be odd as well.

There was 3 types of juice, water, tea, coffee, chocolate or strawberry milk and rusks available 24 hours. Plus there was a big tank saying drinking water.....

I must admit I missed the two trailers loaded with ice until the last day, oops.

For those doing the great trek you are in for a treat. The route is great!

I hope the weather is better than what we had. The heat and wind on day 2 was a killer. Remember to hydrate well, too many people ended up on drips.

The organisers did a great job.

For those doing the great trek you are in for a treat. The route is great!

I hope the weather is better than what we had. The heat and wind on day 2 was a killer. Remember to hydrate well, too many people ended up on drips.

The organisers did a great job.

Thanks, appreciated..........busy packing for trek to Great Trek.

Enjoy..

Last year the descent and great trek riders did a great job turning puff adder pass into a bobsleigh track for us 2 day riders.. hope you guys do it again this year.. man she was a joy to ride.. hoping I get a clear run on her again this year..

Same here thanks to a late sub..see you there

There was 3 types of juice, water, tea, coffee, chocolate or strawberry milk and rusks available 24 hours. Plus there was a big tank saying drinking water.....

I must admit I missed the two trailers loaded with ice until the last day, oops.

when i did it we even had Magnum ice creams..(plural)

Yes we made some rookie mistakes and yes we didnt notice the chill zone on the first day. ???? We had some drinking water out of the jojo tanks but after 5hours something else than water would have been nice. The riding made up for it and that is what is important isnt is? Yes Barhugger, a stagerace in Magoebas would be nice though. Maybe one day...????????????

when i did it we even had Magnum ice creams..(plural)

We got Magnums for dessert after day 1

We did our first b&b. Tips for first comers, pack your shower bag on the truck, our vehicle arived after 4pm on the first day, we didnt expect that and were quite late the morning of the start or thought of taking money so we sat around from 12-4:30 without having something to drink. They are not as generous as 3Towers or Sani2c with free cooldrinks. Even lunch is served much later than at other stage races and make sure to have a shower first before attending lunch. Annoying if you ask me as we didnt have clean clothes there the first day. Quite a distance to walk from the bike park to your tent if you are so unlucky as us getting the tents the furthest away from everything. So today when we loaded our bikes we were shocked to see a big dent on our bakkie from the car shuttle driver. They could have had the decency to inform us. I've sent a mail but we have signed the forms so sure nothing will come of it. Riding is great though, cant complain about that. It was hot but we managed to finish every day before the hottest and windiest time of the day. Today the weather was great. So Im sorry to complain but after 5x 3towers at Mankele which is our ultimate stage race and 3x Sani2c this was not the greatest experience. Good luck to the trek riders, hope you will not fry in the heat! Oh yes and I have a medium jacket which I would like to swop for a ladies med or men's small.

1. If you listened at the race briefing you would have packed your bags with the courier and got your shower goods in good time.

2. If you had asked someone or read the signage around the building, you would have learnt about the chill zone with free juices, fruit and snacks.

3. You need to shower before lunch as it prevents nasty things like gastro spreading through the camp...common at stage races - so it's a hygiene and medical disaser prevention thing.

4. You had a bike. If you tent was that far away....you could have ridden there and kept your bike at your tent. Btw they also build lifts that go to the first floor in gyms for people like you.

5. How do you know someone driving around the campsite didn't ding your vehicle?

Your moaning and complaints are unfounded. All of them.

Yes I agree it was our own fault, thanks for all your comments. Attend race briefing will be my tip to first stage race riders. And if you use the lift to go to the first floor of the gym, rather book additional accommodation. We thought we knew better as to ride back 50km to attend race briefing and see where it got us. The riding was still amazing and we learnt a few lessons and made new friends as well. Good experience.

It was a great ride! Snapped my pedal off on top of Spioenkop yesterday. Had to pedal with on leg on the flat and uphill sections, but at least I could clip in going down one of the best descents I've ever ridden.

It was hot, which makes this race tougher than what the profile suggests.

Really hoping and praying for rain for the area. They need it desperately.

1. If you listened at the race briefing you would have packed your bags with the courier and got your shower goods in good time.

2. If you had asked someone or read the signage around the building, you would have learnt about the chill zone with free juices, fruit and snacks.

3. You need to shower before lunch as it prevents nasty things like gastro spreading through the camp...common at stage races - so it's a hygiene and medical disaser prevention thing.

4. You had a bike. If you tent was that far away....you could have ridden there and kept your bike at your tent. Btw they also build lifts that go to the first floor in gyms for people like you.

5. How do you know someone driving around the campsite didn't ding your vehicle?

Your moaning and complaints are unfounded. All of them.

for a first post you don't need such angst....was all good until that last sentence

for the record I would also be pretty pissed if I cam to find my car with a ding on it - regardless of who inflicted the ding (a driver or a rider)

Ended up 54th. Very disappointed. Winter fat and legs are still with me. Brilliant race I loved everything. Riding is proper. Not big days but enough to be happy. Just far from ct. W2W will hopefully be a bit quicker. Nothing like spending time on the bike with my brother.

we ended up in 55th. A great few days riding.

Archived