Berg and Bush 2015

Ratty

im depressed sitting in my office...... I just want to ride puffadder pass again.... im not asking for much..... awesome trails...awesome vibe .... great weekend out

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im depressed sitting in my office...... I just want to ride puffadder pass again.... im not asking for much..... awesome trails...awesome vibe .... great weekend out

I'll post a video to Youtube of pufadder pass. It takes ages to load though, do it tonight and tomorrow night.

A few pictures from my Garmin Virb. Please excuse the dirt marks on a few photos...

Eldron was most of the time in the front... :thumbup:

That first photo almost ended up in the unplanned dismounts section! I thought I'd showboat a little for the helicopter/camera so I hoiked the first jump - the millisecond the wheels left the ground the wash from the copter nearly blew me off the table. I landed a good 4 microns from the edge on the right trying not to soil myself on camera....

Needless to say I squashed the rest of the jumps with my tail between my legs.

Note to Grey Hubs - only pics with the speed higher than 50kph and both wheels off the ground should be posted on thehub! :clap:

Puffadder pass is incredible .. this year I didn't have a clear run.. and some of the people were a bit bang.. but they let me pass whenever it was safe.. .and a couple of times I did the whole.. passing right bit.. it's too much fun to do it slow..

I enjoyed the Spionkop descent.. had a bit of traffic just after the first bit bit they moved when they could so I could pass so it was just lekker lekker... I had most of Long drop pass all to myself.[emoji16]

Some pics of mid-week Great Trek.......well actually just Spionkop (below and on-top) and recovery strategy.....

post-41755-0-95890500-1445253827_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-15895800-1445253835_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-47074600-1445253845_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-00185100-1445253858_thumb.jpg

post-41755-0-01357200-1445253872_thumb.jpg

......and the routes......

Great Trek: Day 1

post-41755-0-28746900-1445253908_thumb.jpg

Great Trek: Day 2

post-41755-0-63519600-1445253915_thumb.jpg

Great Trek: Day 3

post-41755-0-51878400-1445253924_thumb.jpg

........and sorry.......no pics of the Tugela Swim Gala on Days 1 & 2......but it was so worth it  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Some pics of mid-week Great Trek.......well actually just Spionkop (below and on-top) and recovery strategy.....

attachicon.gifbbDSC_0023.jpg

attachicon.gifbbIMG_20151015_175255.jpg

attachicon.gifbbDSC_0020.jpg

attachicon.gifbbDSC_0014.jpg

attachicon.gifbbIMG_20151015_111721.jpg

......and the routes......

Great Trek: Day 1

attachicon.gifGoogleEarth_Image1.jpg

Great Trek: Day 2

attachicon.gifGoogleEarth_Image3.jpg

Great Trek: Day 3

attachicon.gifGoogleEarth_Image5.jpg

My ice cold beer that was put in our ablutions beats you bubble bath. . I should sommer put my name down for the luxury tent option now already for next year.

My ice cold beer that was put in our ablutions beats you bubble bath. . I should sommer put my name down for the luxury tent option now already for next year.

YES. The beers in the ice tub was really a treat. Especially if you find them first :ph34r:

How nice was the new finish on day 2 of Great Trek guys? Much better than last years.

If i could do the first 32km of day 1 and last 10 of day 3, id be in my element. Id do it all 3 days! Was so awesome to have a clear run this year, small holdups on Long drop pass, but the pass rights were nice and long to go safely past.

It would've been very hard for anyone to miss me on on Saturday. . I was the one in the very pink with black polkadots funky shorts. ..

Must say.. those funky shorts are rather comfy.

YES. The beers in the ice tub was really a treat. Especially if you find them first [emoji14]h34r:

Ha ha ha.. and they even filled it again later.. really nice..

Also not having to wait for showers was a treat.. they have really built a couple great extra ablutions. . I didn't see a porter potty anywhere.. also I wasn't looking for them either.

Ha ha ha.. and they even filled it again later.. really nice..

Also not having to wait for showers was a treat.. they have really built a couple great extra ablutions. . I didn't see a porter potty anywhere.. also I wasn't looking for them either.

The showers and toilets were a treat!

Not convinced that the squeeze in the 2 man tent with beds was all that lux...beds were good, but the space VERY limited.

We would probably do the B&B thing next time.

The showers and toilets were a treat!

Not convinced that the squeeze in the 2 man tent with beds was all that lux...beds were good, but the space VERY limited.

We would probably do the B&B thing next time.

. it was fine for us. . We didn't have too much stuff and all basically fit at the foot of the bed... Yeah little cramped buy ag it's a tent after all. Lol

But it was nice.. could sleep fine without hearing anyone snore.

Although there were a couple of guys that had a bit of a party on Friday. . I didn't hear them.. hubby said when he went to the loo at 1 am. .they offered him some tequila. . Well needless to say on Saturday 2km into the day tequila was puking his lungs out on the side of the trail.. poor guy..

How nice was the new finish on day 2 of Great Trek guys

Maybe a new finish......however still the same route as done on day 2 of the two day event........just in reverse for the Great Trekkers.

That steep and short descent to the Tugela river before the suspension bridge over the river........the big flat spot with the nice kikuyu type of grass.........is usually a water point of mega-impressiveness.........

The route in reverse was nice.

Maybe a new finish......however still the same route as done on day 2 of the two day event........just in reverse for the Great Trekkers.

That steep and short descent to the Tugela river before the suspension bridge over the river........the big flat spot with the nice kikuyu type of grass.........is usually a water point of mega-impressiveness.........

The route in reverse was nice.

we still had that waterpoint..They didn't have soft serve there this year.. I was.. gutted. .[emoji12] (tugela waterpoint).. they had jelly and custard. . But I gave that a skip though.

Did you do the whole 2day..stage 2 in reverse

Archived