Ratty

I'll see all you trekkies for my first BnB on Monday after a go at route 66

Can we download the routes any where for our gamins 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the event being televised,

I'm doing the 2 day but would love to follow friends starting today,

Did you see the wind they were supposed to get today.. not sure if it turned out like the forecast though.

Feedback from the Descent riders..........?????

Even if it is not spot-on.........I am carrying with extra fluids.

Feedback from the Descent riders..........?????

Even if it is not spot-on.........I am carrying with extra fluids.

Good plan that.

My camelbak and I have a good working relationship.. it's only a little one but I sip sip all the time

Hope the weather holds for us riding the 2 day as well..

It's hot and windy. But at 5.30 it just stopped. Good vibe now. Dropped to B tomorrow. Very disappointed. However the riding is spectacular.

Thanks for info......Enjoy the rest

I'm down the road at Ardmore. About 20km from the race. Wind today picked up at 11am really hard. Blew all afternoon.

A couple of guys recorded 46 with their garmins, mine showed 42. Wind was really bad and really hot. But yes, still spectacular riding

Insane, it was like that 2 years ago, but without the heavy winds. I blew big time - can't handle that heat. Not doing it this year.

Important question........

.......is there a large stock of ICE COLD BEERS at Emseni......

......with a river jacuzzi where it can be enjoyed......

......recovery at its best.

We did our first b&b. Tips for first comers, pack your shower bag on the truck, our vehicle arived after 4pm on the first day, we didnt expect that and were quite late the morning of the start or thought of taking money so we sat around from 12-4:30 without having something to drink. They are not as generous as 3Towers or Sani2c with free cooldrinks. Even lunch is served much later than at other stage races and make sure to have a shower first before attending lunch. Annoying if you ask me as we didnt have clean clothes there the first day. Quite a distance to walk from the bike park to your tent if you are so unlucky as us getting the tents the furthest away from everything. So today when we loaded our bikes we were shocked to see a big dent on our bakkie from the car shuttle driver. They could have had the decency to inform us. I've sent a mail but we have signed the forms so sure nothing will come of it. Riding is great though, cant complain about that. It was hot but we managed to finish every day before the hottest and windiest time of the day. Today the weather was great. So Im sorry to complain but after 5x 3towers at Mankele which is our ultimate stage race and 3x Sani2c this was not the greatest experience. Good luck to the trek riders, hope you will not fry in the heat! Oh yes and I have a medium jacket which I would like to swop for a ladies med or men's small.

We were warned repeatedly to put bags on the truck. We too thought we knew better and also ended up waiting until after 5 for our vehicle. No stress, got a couple of beers and glasses of wine and waited for our cars.

Rule #5

We did our first b&b. Tips for first comers, pack your shower bag on the truck, our vehicle arived after 4pm on the first day, we didnt expect that and were quiteI late the morning of the start or thought of taking money so we sat around from 12-4:30 without having something to drink. They are not as generous as 3Towers or Sani2c with free cooldrinks. Even lunch is served much later than at other stage races and make sure to have a shower first before attending lunch. Annoying if you ask me as we didnt have clean clothes there the first day. Quite a distance to walk from the bike park to your tent if you are so unlucky as us getting the tents the furthest away from everything. So today when we loaded our bikes we were shocked to see a big dent on our bakkie from the car shuttle driver. They could have had the decency to inform us. I've sent a mail but we have signed the forms so sure nothing will come of it. Riding is great though, cant complain about that. It was hot but we managed to finish every day before the hottest and windiest time of the day. Today the weather was great. So Im sorry to complain but after 5x 3towers at Mankele which is our ultimate stage race and 3x Sani2c this was not the greatest experience. Good luck to the trek riders, hope you will not fry in the heat! Oh yes and I have a medium jacket which I would like to swop for a ladies med or men's small.

........ooooopsie..........and this might be why the time is right for a 3 day Magoebaskloof stage race.

We did our first b&b. Tips for first comers, pack your shower bag on the truck, our vehicle arived after 4pm on the first day, we didnt expect that and were quite late the morning of the start or thought of taking money so we sat around from 12-4:30 without having something to drink. They are not as generous as 3Towers or Sani2c with free cooldrinks. Even lunch is served much later than at other stage races and make sure to have a shower first before attending lunch. Annoying if you ask me as we didnt have clean clothes there the first day. Quite a distance to walk from the bike park to your tent if you are so unlucky as us getting the tents the furthest away from everything. So today when we loaded our bikes we were shocked to see a big dent on our bakkie from the car shuttle driver. They could have had the decency to inform us. I've sent a mail but we have signed the forms so sure nothing will come of it. Riding is great though, cant complain about that. It was hot but we managed to finish every day before the hottest and windiest time of the day. Today the weather was great. So Im sorry to complain but after 5x 3towers at Mankele which is our ultimate stage race and 3x Sani2c this was not the greatest experience. Good luck to the trek riders, hope you will not fry in the heat! Oh yes and I have a medium jacket which I would like to swop for a ladies med or men's small.

That's odd.. juice and water etc is normally on tap in the hall at the B & B. .

Oh well, sorry you didn't have the best experience. .

Counting down the sleeps till it's our turn

Archived