Bike Computers???

keith

Pimp those bars Keith!! Shiny white ones will be killer!! Just like my head!!!

remember to get nice and light ones, just like his head. LOL

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a 725 which I use for HR and altitude (and the little post ride downloadable graph of HR/ALtitude/ speed Smile)..

but i still rely on my old cateye for current speed, ave speed and distance readings while I ride...

I've got a 725 which I use for HR and altitude (and the little post ride downloadable graph of HR/ALtitude/ speed Smile)..

but i still rely on my old cateye for current speed' date=' ave speed and distance readings while I ride...
[/quote']

I also have a Polar for that and use my PowerTap for the other stats including PO.

Guys please excuse my ignorance but may I please have a short definition of what a powertap isBig%20smile

Marius where you at? Its a unit that shows the amount of power you generate as you ride.You should pm bikemax for the complete description on how it works and the benefits of such unit.Being a newby as you stated depending on you budget look at the Blackburn Delphi range with cadence and heartrate monitor to start with.

Shot Marius! Clears up my confusion! But I think for the mo I'll stick to just a basic computer. Once I'm a machine on the bike I'll get one to see how blitz I amLOL

Keith, Powertap is expensive. It is a power meter. You should definitely try and get a comp with a cadence sensor. Sigma have an entry level one. Alternatively Cateye is also very good.

If you want max info, go for the Garmin edge 350. Great if you are an info junkie. You can then download all ride data to your computer, shows heart rate, cadence, gradient, speed etc.

Amazingly, our bodies come equipped with power meters as well.

Going up a hill, you'll notice the rapid intake of oxygen, coupled with an unbearable pain in the legs?

Thats called "Maximum Effort/Power"

On roads where you cannot go any harder, thats the "governor" kicking in. Its your bodies 'fail safe'

And my personal favourite...

Tingling finger tips, catastrophic humour failure and severe desire for Nandos means the tank is empty.

Who needs a power meter?!

its a garmin edge 305 not 350 Wink
I beg to differ. It is a 305 to the uninitiated but a 350 to those of us who know it personally Embarrassed

OK - BUSTED. It was a typo
word2008-03-27 08:33:18