What is the PPA Doing

Nictex

I just received an email from the PPA asking us to donate money towards the VWS. I would like to know what they are doing and how much they are donating towards the cause? I dont want to sound bitter but surely they could set the example by donating R10 from every entry towards the fund. Its just a thought!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Cycling SA could donate the money they strong-armed off PPA to the cause... Okay now I'm opening a can of worms... Carry on as you were  :ph34r:

I just received an email from the PPA asking us to donate money towards the VWS. I would like to know what they are doing and how much they are donating towards the cause? I dont want to sound bitter but surely they could set the example by donating R10 from every entry towards the fund. Its just a thought!!!

They are a non profit organization, don't understand your point??

I would be interested to know how much. Absa donated R100 000.

don't get you bro.

why does it matter how much anybody else donated?

and why in the first place do you need to donate in order to ask others for donations?

They are a non profit organization, don't understand your point??

Profit or non profit Im sure they could take R10 from each entry and donate it towards another cause. The race is so popular because of its beauty so why not help to try and preserve it by donating to the cause. Non Profit organizations are allowed to donate money. The entries alone from the CTCT generate about R12 250 000. I am also sure that Momentum and Pick n Pay pay to be title sponsors so I am pretty sure that there is money to be donated.

The PPA is its members it is an association and not a business, it is simply asking for its members to donate to assist. Why have a go at the PPA for trying to help the fire fighting effort?

don't get you bro.

why does it matter how much anybody else donated?

and why in the first place do you need to donate in order to ask others for donations?

I think it is important for the PPA to take the first step and lead by example especially when when they have the resources that they do. If the race was in the Boland do you think it would attract 35000 cyclists every year? The CTCT benefits greatly from this race because of the scenery and the beauty of the ride so why not give back to it by helping. Im really surprised that people think a R10 donation per entry is too much.  

Profit or non profit Im sure they could take R10 from each entry and donate it towards another cause. The race is so popular because of its beauty so why not help to try and preserve it by donating to the cause. Non Profit organizations are allowed to donate money. The entries alone from the CTCT generate about R12 250 000. I am also sure that Momentum and Pick n Pay pay to be title sponsors so I am pretty sure that there is money to be donated.

Still not getting you, I'm afraid you are on your own here

The PPA is its members it is an association and not a business, it is simply asking for its members to donate to assist. Why have a go at the PPA for trying to help the fire fighting effort?

Im not having a go at them, Im simply asking if they are doing anything?

I think it's a fair bet to say that the PPA staff and Exco are currently running around quite a bit more than usual trying to help get the World Funride Champs to the start line on Sunday morning. So that 34,999 cyclists can enjoy what they do while you try stir the potty. Assuming of course that you are the 1 who makes up the 35,000.

I think it is important for the PPA to take the first step and lead by example especially when when they have the resources that they do. If the race was in the Boland do you think it would attract 35000 cyclists every year? The CTCT benefits greatly from this race because of the scenery and the beauty of the ride so why not give back to it by helping. Im really surprised that people think a R10 donation per entry is too much.

A bit confused here. PPA take the lead. CTCT benefits greatly.  Who should take the first step? PPA or CTCT.  I think both have used their considerable influence amongst bike riders to request assistance for the fire fighters.

Reminds me of probably the best of  Mark Twain's quotes

if they can afford to donate R10 for every entry, then surely they were charging R10 too much to start with...

edit:  PS maybe you should explain your agenda. with a post count of 10 of which half were replies on this topic... you'd have to agree that it is unlikely for a a random new hubber to be so passionate about PPA making donations

another edit:  welcome to the hub

Sorry to say, people who say 'don't want to sound bitter' usually sound bitter. 

There are a lot of companies making donations, lots of individuals getting involved and making a difference rather than asking if that one or this one is doing what. 

I'm sure there are alot of people getting funds together. I'm sure some of the Argus beneficiaries will make donations but if they don't I'm not holding it against them, they do a to of great work.

There are bigger things to worry about. Donate or don't and be happy with what you're doing. 

I wonder if the City of Cape Town made a donation before making this request......how dare they if they have not? R10 from every dog and cat licence collected this year seems fair.

post-35786-0-04329300-1425472271_thumb.jpg

Archived