PMB MTB Festival Enduro Race (03 April 2015)

David D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a few sneaky new lines starting right at the top of the downhill. As you enter the trees keep left. But there is some STEEP stuff in there. Heading out there now but not scouting. Just a chilled pedal

There's a few sneaky new lines starting right at the top of the downhill. As you enter the trees keep left. But there is some STEEP stuff in there. Heading out there now but not scouting. Just a chilled pedal

Same trails that were used at Classic Enduro last year?

All I know...its gona be knarly!!!

Glad it has had a bit of rain. I rode a bit on Sunday arvi and saw a few trimmed stumps so def gona be in the enduro and that was close by the table tops just off to the right.

It's going to be a good one. Make sure you don't miss it.

There are some old trails being used, and some that have never been raced before.

Technically they have been pitched in between XCO and DHI, so should be perfect for a trails bike. There will be easy options around all dangerous obstetrical so if your on a hard tail you can still ride and have fun.

While there are only 3 stages and you will be shuttled for 2 of them, they are long so bring some strong legs too.

There will be shuttle assisted practice on Friday morning, so you should get a chance to see most of the stages before your race run.

See you guys all there.

sooooooooooooooooooooo.

the weekend at hand......

when you bump into Mr Floros busy taping off lines on the way up Cascades and he says to you....."go all the way up and ride "x..y... and z" , and tell me what you think"

then you have a good idea **** is going to be real......

i rode half of said run "x y and z" before pinch flatting....... (PINCH FLAT BECAUSE I LET SO MUCH AIR OUT IN THE HOPE OF EEKING EVEN A TINY BIT OF TRACTION IN THE WET FOREST ALL THE WAY ON TOP OF CASCADES....)

What i can tell you is....

-think steeeeeeeeep......off camber.....into dropoff.......into hairpin switchback....into drop off into switchback.......did i mention steeeeeeeeeeep..... all with zero traction....

-for those of us that squealed about pedalling at St Ives...... bring your biggest set of fresh panties....and some spare legs and possibly some Lance Juice.

-if it does rain (seems likely at this stage) bring a spare sense of humor and extra riding shorts ....chances are you will be doing most of the enduro on your behind sliding down a hill next to your very expensive #enduro rig.....

-i doubt that top forest section is going to dry.... even if it doesnt rain.... it is well moist and shaded..... and has about as much traction as a block of ice on an ice rink at the moment.

ps go watch some of the Rotorua ews for inspiration.... if conditions are on race day as they were last night then this will be pretty damn close their forest sections......

with PEDALLING lmfao

i personally cannot wait..... its going to be different to anything we have raced this year....

tonight we will be back to see what else the evil Mr Floros has in stall......

oh and on a side note..... try get their early friday.... i personally think you want to have at least one sighting run for this..... this isnt going to be a Giba type Enduro where you can pull in at full tilt and wing it.

but hey thats just my opinion.

What i can tell you is....

-think steeeeeeeeep......off camber.....into dropoff.......into hairpin switchback....into drop off into switchback.......did i mention steeeeeeeeeeep..... all with zero traction....

-for those of us that squealed about pedalling at St Ives...... bring your biggest set of fresh panties....and some spare legs and possibly some Lance Juice.

-if it does rain (seems likely at this stage) bring a spare sense of humor and extra riding shorts ....chances are you will be doing most of the enduro on your behind sliding down a hill next to your very expensive #enduro rig.....

So, to translate that..... for those who have the slightest bit of skill on a bike.......just ride down the trail with a few bumps and corners......... :thumbup: .

If you take it easy there is nothing the average Enduro rider will not have an absolute ball on, so don't be scared off.

But if you're coming to race hard and want a piece of the R45 000 prize money, you're going to have to know how to handle a bike.

Remember, registration from 08h00, shuttle assisted practice from 09h00 to 11h00, and 2 shuttles for your 3 race stages starting at 12h00.

For the shuttles you will be sharing with the DH riders so get there early if you want to do lots of practicing. Best R180 you'll ever spend.

Went out there again this morning. Higher up the slopes there's a bit more of the steep stuff and that becomes more xco lower down. But yah, very pedally for the most part. Wasn't as wet as I expected though the golden rule at cascades still applies - "green on red = dead".

Dave, will the trails have to be ridden in any particular order?

You will have to ride stage 3 last.

I will have to check with the timing team regarding stage 1 and 2. 

I managed to sneak a 3rd of a run in on SP1 yesterday afternoon on my DH bike.

For those eager to see the trails, this is what you're in for...

Sorry the camera was a lower than I would have liked... :blush:

Also, I never had the urge to chat through the run so you'll just have to endure the sounds of Shadowclub.

Raindrops keep falling on my head... I did the sun dance and dreamt of the clear skies... didn't work very well!

Gona be fun out there.

Question is to go full face helmet or not to go full face helmet?!

Where do we find the results for the Enduro?

You can find all the results for the weekend on the gret-time website:

http://great-time.co.za/Home/

It was a really great event. Thanks to all of those who came and supported. Those who stayed at home, missed out.

Thanks  :thumbup:

Was an awesome event! So rad having such long stages! Those top sections on stage 1 & 2 felt like you were riding overseas coz I didnt even know we had those trails! We need alot more Enduros  :clap:

We need a Cascades Series and I would enter the event even if it was R200/R300 an event due to the amazing trails at the top of Cacades!

Congrats too all involved! and The Enduro okes definitely had the best riding conditions!

TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks  :thumbup:

Was an awesome event! So rad having such long stages! Those top sections on stage 1 & 2 felt like you were riding overseas coz I didnt even know we had those trails! We need alot more Enduros  :clap:

We need a Cascades Series and I would enter the event even if it was R200/R300 an event due to the amazing trails at the top of Cacades!

Congrats too all involved! and The Enduro okes definitely had the best riding conditions!

TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, it was great!

Personally I'd prefer less pedally stages and possibly have more stages (but shorter) with additional liason stages but I know the logistics of setting up additional stages. The event was awesome and hopefully the trails we used will see some more wheels in future  :thumbup:

Thanks to all involved in the admin behind these races!

On to GIBA in 2 weeks!!!!  :devil:

Archived