How dull...Epic prologue viewing.

Headshot

One thing I would like to rave about is the timekeeping on the Epic.

Being able to get time gaps and quick updates on times as the riders ride the prologue was great.

Just look at the CTCT. How long did it take to get a list of the Top10 riders on the day....... It took hours. Cape Epic the riders cross the finish line and immediately they are able to show you their position overall with time gaps.

CTCT really need to improve that part of their coverage, I found it very poor. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez watching last nights highlights package of stage 1 was honestly mind numbing. They obviously have a lot of kit on hand with choppers, quads camera points etc but the commentary and editing made it boring as bat*hit. 

Honestly it made PnP from the TdF seem like poets. You can't have a highlights package where you're part describing it as a past event and and then also trying to comment as the action is live. There was so little information apart from what describing was happening on the screen 'Oh the bulls look over their shoulder...'. The best was when Klienhans (?) took a spill and it must have been about 3 seconds after she stopped sliding that the commentator broke into an excited and surprised 'oh no, oh no'. Weird. 

"Highlights" package is really not that.

All those silly adverts, repeated at the most inapropriate times, and when they cut back, they jump in anywhere.

Really looks like a hastily flung together effort.

But alas, I'll have to sit through it every night at 22h30, otherwise I will not know what is happening.

Archived