BIG BIG Thank You to the MTBers this morning

Long Wheel Base

So this morning on my east rand loop training ride/commute to work I was towards the end of my ride going up simba chips hill and my quick link either broke or came loose. It was still dark and I thought my chain had just come off. I stopped and realised the chain had broken. That's when I realised that I had never replaced my spare quick link that I had used a few months ago on another bike. So as I work by the airport it wasn't too far and I decide to catch a jog with one of my training partners slowly riding next to me. It wasn't long after that a group of guys on mountain bikes came passed and stopped to see if we where ok. Now i'm running 3x9 on my 26er commuter but luckily one of the guys who is actually running 1x11 had a whole bunch of 9speed quick links. We fixed my chain and he then said I must take them all as he wont ever need them. There wasn't much I could do besides offer to pay for them which he refused!

It was a group of about 10 guys and all where in different kit so I can't thank a specific club. But guys THANK YOU SO MUCH, I got to work fine and will get home ok as well. NEXT ROUND IS ON ME :thumbup: .

So this morning on my east rand loop training ride/commute to work I was towards the end of my ride going up simba chips hill and my quick link either broke or......

It was a group of about 10 guys and all where in different kit so I can't thank a specific club. But guys THANK YOU SO MUCH, I got to work fine and will get home ok as well. NEXT ROUND IS ON ME :thumbup: .

Always nice to hear stories like these!

If you get stuck again and there arent any nice guys around and assuming you have a chain breaker... push out a pin two links down, align links and align pin to hole and chainbreaker and use it to push the pin into the normal chain. This has saved me some long walks before ;)

And that is also why you never make fun of the oakes with their big Camelbaks......  heavy weight and all, you never know what spare parts and tools they carry around with them ............be friendly to them because Karma is their friend (not saying that this was the case here).

What a feel good story!

You can also go this route:

post-41755-0-93862400-1426751956_thumb.jpg

Was he riding a Yeti by any chance?

ja the one guy might have been on a light blueish yeti. Do you know him? I also noticed an awesome orange niner and a gold S-Works epic(I think he was the guy that gave me the links).

ja the one guy might have been on a light blueish yeti. Do you know him? I also noticed an awesome orange niner and a gold S-Works epic(I think he was the guy that gave me the links).

Yes I know them, some of them are fellow Edenglen riders. The Yeti is black with blue logo's and the S Works is the limited Burry edition.

Exactly the same thing happened to me this AM  :oops:  and I also didn't have a link with me.

Thanks to the guys that stopped to help! - 16km is a long way to walk home!

Yes I know them, some of them are fellow Edenglen riders. The Yeti is black with blue logo's and the S Works is the limited Burry edition.

Must have been them. Please forward my Thanks if your in contact with them.

So this morning on my east rand loop training ride/commute to work I was towards the end of my ride going up simba chips hill and my quick link either broke or came loose. It was still dark and I thought my chain had just come off. I stopped and realised the chain had broken. That's when I realised that I had never replaced my spare quick link that I had used a few months ago on another bike. So as I work by the airport it wasn't too far and I decide to catch a jog with one of my training partners slowly riding next to me. It wasn't long after that a group of guys on mountain bikes came passed and stopped to see if we where ok. Now i'm running 3x9 on my 26er commuter but luckily one of the guys who is actually running 1x11 had a whole bunch of 9speed quick links. We fixed my chain and he then said I must take them all as he wont ever need them. There wasn't much I could do besides offer to pay for them which he refused!

Hijack Hotspot that isnt it?

Quiet lately?

Must have been them. Please forward my Thanks if your in contact with them.

Will do.

Always nice to hear stories like these!

If you get stuck again and there arent any nice guys around and assuming you have a chain breaker... push out a pin two links down, align links and align pin to hole and chainbreaker and use it to push the pin into the normal chain. This has saved me some long walks before ;)

Please explain again - slowly for us not so mechanical minded

Hijack Hotspot that isnt it?

Quiet lately?

Yes it has had issues before just before where I had the issue(the jackers hide near the gautrain station, My chain broke further up near simba factory). We where a group of about 10 but I wouldn't ride there alone.

Archived