Help on replacing a RockShox PopLock cable

Piernas Flacas

Is the anyway I can remove the remote with not having to change the damper. I prefer having my fork always open.

There are 2 ways of doing this. The easy way:

1. Remove cable from fork and remote

2. Feed cable backwards through cable stop on fork until the cable end sits inside the stop

3. Holding the damper remote spool in the open position, feed the cable under the grub screw and tighten. This may require growing a third arm.

The slightly harder way:

1. Remove and clean fork. Like proper clean.

2. Remove compression damper with 24mm flat ground socket.

3. Unscrew damper topcap from damper (it's a left hand thread, so righty loosey. Don't get this wrong, it'll be expensive.)

4. Remove the spring.

5. Reassemble.

The really easy way:

1. Bring it to me. Drink coffee (or beer if you prefer.) Done.

That's a good question.

I would also like to do that with mine as well as I managed to bugger it up after the second service due to either the intricate manipulation of the cable or my clumsy hands. A little piece in the locking mechanism broke off.

It got stuck in the open position so no big deal but it is pointless to keep the remote on the handlebar.

TBH it probably wasn't you. They are well known for self-destructing.

That remote is the worst piece of kit RS has ever made. And they've had a few clangers over the years.

There are 2 ways of doing this. The easy way:

1. Remove cable from fork and remote

2. Feed cable backwards through cable stop on fork until the cable end sits inside the stop

3. Holding the damper remote spool in the open position, feed the cable under the grub screw and tighten. This may require growing a third arm.

The slightly harder way:

1. Remove and clean fork. Like proper clean.

2. Remove compression damper with 24mm flat ground socket.

3. Unscrew damper topcap from damper (it's a left hand thread, so righty loosey. Don't get this wrong, it'll be expensive.)

4. Remove the spring.

5. Reassemble.

The really easy way:

1. Bring it to me. Drink coffee (or beer if you prefer.) Done.

What would it cost and how long does it take?

What would it cost and how long does it take?

Depends on which option you pick. #1 will be R 50 and take 10 minutes, option 2 will cost you R 200 and take 20 minutes, and will allow you to lock the fork out manually if you want to.

Depends on which option you pick. #1 will be R 50 and take 10 minutes, option 2 will cost you R 200 and take 20 minutes, and will allow you to lock the fork out manually if you want to.

cool will contact you as soon as im able to come around

Archived