Beginner/Entry level advice needed

Kriptyn

What would be the best choice be between the following 2 bikes for enrty level or beginner rider.

Merida Ride 100 or Silverback Strela 3.

I will only do it for myself and fitness, planning to ride the 94.7 and Cape Town Cycle Tour and maybe small in between races.

Pretty similar Spec wise.

Quite honestly, go and ride both bikes and see which one you feel most comfy on.

You'll know the answer after that.

What would be the best choice be between the following 2 bikes for enrty level or beginner rider.

Merida Ride 100 or Silverback Strela 3.

I will only do it for myself and fitness, planning to ride the 94.7 and Cape Town Cycle Tour and maybe small in between races.

94.7 is now the 947 race,  

Looking at the bikes the Silverback is better component wise, Silverback 9spd Sora vs 8spd Claris. Sora is also 1 step up from Claris in the Shimano hierarchy. Silverback have an excellent backup and replacement policy.  

Edited by scotty

Silverback. Best aftersales service in the industry and best pricing.

Edited by Eugene

Why not look at a used bike for the same value as the 2 new ones you looking at.

I'm pretty sure you will find something much better equipped. 

Gumtree - lots of options 2nd hand.

Personally i would not go for anything lower than shimano tiagra. Should get that with any new bike in the 10k range.

Edited by JoeZipp

Ok, so far i can gather that silverback will be better over merida, and then also that the silverback strela 2 will be a better buy than the strela 3.....