KZNMTB Enduro/DH #3 - Giba MTB Park

nigelhicks

yes we will have some - NMI-DSM (our sponsors) always have some ... they were pretty useless at St ives - but were good at Karkloof - and as far as i know we having the same guys from Karkloof ...

So should be good - then there are also some others who come and take too anyway!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother is out with a knee injury from St. ives so he will be hobbling around the hill taking photo's. I will post a link in this thread when he is done with uploading them when ever that will be.  :thumbup:

How the numbers looking for the weekend? The more the better for me and being late, hahahaha...  :clap:

As always amped to come ride the green stuff in KZN - makes a welcome relief from the brown stuff seen in JHB :P

See you guys on the trails!

Are there spectators points? My GF wants to test her new camera out and take some pics but she doesnt know where to go........... and we going to be late.

The trails at giba are a bit off from the cafe/finish area, so its a bit of a walk ... but there are some good ones!

Problem is you need to know where to go ...

best plan - send DaveD a message and maybe he can help you with points

Are there spectators points? My GF wants to test her new camera out and take some pics but she doesnt know where to go........... and we going to be late.

Your lady is welcome to walk around with my brother and my lady, my brother knows his way around Giba. Only thing is then there will be three people taking photo's from the same spots  :w00t:

Your lady is welcome to walk around with my brother and my lady, my brother knows his way around Giba. Only thing is then there will be three people taking photo's from the same spots  :w00t:

Hahaha but they can be on opposite sides of the track so it will look different :clap:

Thanks tho, will try meet up!

Hahaha but they can be on opposite sides of the track so it will look different :clap:

Thanks tho, will try meet up!

The trick will just be to meet up with you coming in late. My boet needs a head start to get up the hill with his dodgy knee.

The trick will just be to meet up with you coming in late. My boet needs a head start to get up the hill with his dodgy knee.

Ye i know  :mellow: Maybe she wont come coz she wont wana stroll around on her lonesome. Oh well! 3 more sleeps!!!

DaveD - You've been very quiet - I know you're out sorting the awesome trails and we thank you but we're chomping at the bit for some small tidbits of info or pics to amp up the excitement!! :drool: :P

negative - go pros are banned under UCI and CSA regulations in race runs ...

SORRY!

Nige, are we allowed POV cams in practice runs?

Hi All.

Sorry I've been a little quiet lately.

Things are looking really good for the weekend. A little rain on Thursday and Friday will leave the trails perfect for the weekend. Leave the mud tires at home as Gibe rides best in the wet. Nice and gravely.

Without giving too much away there will be stage starts at the top of "Gravity Dice", the top of "Main Line" and the beginning of the "Freeride trail" above the house.

The trails are largely existing trails but we have added in a whole lot of newly cut links, so you will be coming into sections from a new angle.

Your welcome to ride at the park on Friday afternoon. I will still be marking trails so please don't run me over! You should be able to find at least 50% of the trails by then and a good guess will find you the rest.

There will be 4 stages and we expect a winning total time of about 20min.

You can ride stage 1,2 and 3 in any order, but have to ride stage 4 last. (We always save the best for last).

Pre-Entrys are a bit low, but I am sure there will be a lot of later entries as this is one not to miss.

Nige, are we allowed POV cams in practice runs?

I used my Go Pro for the St Ives and Cascades practice without anyone complaining but best to get the go ahead from the top :)

Archived