[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB 2015

Robertson Winery MTB

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a massive site in the old KWV buildings on the right hand side of the road. There will be able safe parking with security and a few bike wash stations. It will be totally safe!

Not sure if I should be glad or sad about the change of venue and routes.

I do like that that the long route is now 70km.

But the first 25km of the old long route were proper mountain biking. I am going to miss this (if excluded in the new long route).

Hi Pooyan,

I promise you we'll make up for it on the new long route! Some sections of our new routes was used in the first Epic that came through Robertson.

But if you liked the previous route, watch this space.....we are considering a whole new separate event at the old venue, a bit more exclusive and at a better time of the year. 

Hi Pooyan,

I promise you we'll make up for it on the new long route! Some sections of our new routes was used in the first Epic that came through Robertson.

But if you liked the previous route, watch this space.....we are considering a whole new separate event at the old venue, a bit more exclusive and at a better time of the year. 

This I like. A lot.

I will most likely be arranging a transfer service for riders from Cape Town to the event in Robertson. Transfer will be in a VW Kombi and I will take 6 passengers with luggage and bikes. Transfers by a fully registered operator (Africa Cycle Tours)

I am flexible at this stage on times etc, but it will most likely be a transfer on Friday from Cpt to Robertson, returning Robertson to Cpt on the Sunday.

The service will also include transfer between winefarms at the festival on the Saturday after the race as well as Sunday morning.

I unfortunately won't be able to arrange accommodation for the weekend.

The group will have exclusive use of the vehicle and guide for the full weekend.

Cost for exclusive use for the weekend will be R750 per person (R4500 for the vehicle, max 6)

Let me if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I'll check with PPA to get the entries open as soon as possible. Sorry!

Are the enteries open yet on PPA web - I could not seem to find the event?

• 5 weeks later...

BOOK NOW for your SPORTS MASSAGE after the event! We have 20min slots at R60 per slot payable on the day. All bookingsmust be made with Annelize on 082 375 8033.

Hi Guys. I've uploaded a sneak preview of the 4 brand new routes for the Robertson Winery Wacky Wine MTB. We're very excited to offer these route for the first time this year! Don't forget our new Venue in Voortrekker Street with loads of entertainment and food stalls to enjoy after the event. We've ample parking on the premises and even a clinic on site for those that made contact with our Valley's wonderful vine growing soil!

You do have a plan for upgrading the waterpoints ?

A can of water is definitly not an attraction point. If you invest in great refreshmentpoints you shall see numbers grow very fast.

Plan your refreshment point to be at places of intrest, not three youngsters or a women alone somewhere in the veld with 2cans of water.

Invest invest. Get sponcers for your points and let then have the point to manage.

Just my 2c

Hi Louis. We"ll have a cool "refueling point" on the 50 and 70km routes to help the riders charge up again. According to regulations we need to have water available every 10km's to assist riders if needed, these are just water access points rather than refreshment points to help prevent dehydration. We've gone for the large refueling point on the longer distances as these guys will need it the most.

Masterj, these are our proposed routes but they might/will change to suit the conditions. That being said, I think you should organize a braai in your yard to cheer everyone on!

Archived