Iwan Kemp

Silverback's Sprada is in it's third year and subtle tweaks following feedback from their test riders have seen it mature over the years into the trail 29er it is today. With Jonkershoek and Tokai Forest being it's testing grounds, it should suit South African conditions to a T. We ride one to find out.

Click here to view the article

Great review, Iwan!

That is my type of bike. Absolutely love Silverback's range. Always well thought-out designs and good value.

Was that video shot at Tokai? I've never been there, but looks like it could be.

yup, that's tokai. pity its gonna be closed for so long :(

That IDS video just made me depressed, not only showing the guys riding Tokai, but the old snakes when there was still a forest covering the area. Those tracks where some of the best and never the same after the rebuild.

Was that video shot at Tokai? I've never been there, but looks like it could be.

Past, past tense!

Iwan, how would you compare the Ardent Race to the regular Ardent?

I currently run Ardent's and am looking for something faster, but don't want to sacrifice too much speed.

"There is no one component that left me thinking it shouldn't be on a bike with the Sprada's intended use or price point in mind."

Even the tubes and non re-enforced sidewall tyres?

"There is no one component that left me thinking it shouldn't be on a bike with the Sprada's intended use or price point in mind."

Even the tubes and non re-enforced sidewall tyres?

The bike comes with Stans Arch EX rims with Rim tape..... are you trying to be difficult?? if it didnt come tubeless, 2 seconds and a bit of sealant and they tubeless.... which you can do with a foot pump on those rims

Iwan, how would you compare the Ardent Race to the regular Ardent?

I currently run Ardent's and am looking for something faster, but don't want to sacrifice too much speed.

Difficult to do a direct comparison as you don't get both in the same size. If you're happy with them, but would like to add some speed I would say go for it. If you're riding rocky terrain often look at the EXO/TR model.