Ebay:shipping

BaGearA

Hi Hubbers

I want to know if anyone help me out here,I saw a n ad on ebay for gopro accessories from china and hong kong both said fre shipping now does that mean tat they just send it to you for free?(I am obviously stil going to pay vat and handeling fees(does someone know how much that might be))

Thanks!

Yes, just the shipping will be free.  But with the state of our wonderful postal system you may want to reconsider.  Free shipping almost never means with a courier - 99% of the time it'll be the cheapest available. 

You'll still pay duties and VAT - at a rough guess 20% and 14%.  That's if it ever arrives...

Is the saving worth it?

That is correct.. if they state free shipping then it is included in the sale price (they do not charge extra for shipping as some will do) and it will be sent by China mail and then into the SAPO system.... so expect a long wait for goods to arrive this way ... 3 weeks or more!!!

You will still have to pay the usual duties (approx 15-16%) once it arrives in SA

Archived