USN MTB Cup #3 Avianto

BryanGT

Couple of climbs that'll hurt.

The one at the water recycling property has a bite, and the Phambili side has two or three that takes some effort.

Red barn has none such intensity climbs. Cant compare the two.

There aren't any long climbs, but rather a few short and sharp climbs. That switchback climb on the Phambili side is quite tough, but doesn't go on for too long.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The climbs are loose, short and steep. Sections of the track is rocky. There will be some open sections of road where overtaking is possible, outside of the normal bike park trails.

Some people describe avianto as technical, if you are a fairly competent, confident rider nothing there is unridable.

Was not unriddle as stated but this is def the toughest of the usn races.

Heard lots of people moaning at the end and for the average rider can imagine its a bit of a push.

Had some mech issues with my chain coming of a few times then getting stuck behind the chain guard ( what a mission, any one with future advice is welcome) and gps not working the 1st 5 km. still finished with a decent time

Ps the D$ck that bumped the little boy close to the end and kept on riding, you suck! He is just a little kid, i stopped and helped him. To him the race and prospect of a sweetie was the top of his day. You bumped him and carried on riding only briefly looking back before peddling again.

I had various issues during the race and lost around 15 min race time, so was at the backish with a total time of around 2:40, this means you could not have been such as race snake as you clearly think you are not to stop for the poor kid. He must have been 4 years old,

Was not unriddle as stated but this is def the toughest of the usn races.

Heard lots of people moaning at the end and for the average rider can imagine its a bit of a push.

Had some mech issues with my chain coming of a few times then getting stuck behind the chain guard ( what a mission, any one with future advice is welcome) and gps not working the 1st 5 km. still finished with a decent time

thoroughly enjoyed this one and yes it's definitely the toughest USN race - that's why I'll be back next year. really liked the rocky climbs and descents.

strangely enough my gps also not working first 5km. in the end I got 860m ascent and my riding partner 909m over the full distance (50km race, which as 46/47km or something).

I had an absolute ball! Was a bit bummed out when I was seeded in C-batch, but it wasn't that bad. Based on my results, I ended midway between the B-batch riders. 

The course was tough, but still quite fast. 

There were quite a few big name riders there. The amount of riders on 2014/5 S-Works Epics was insane! 

Did you guys already receive your results? I thought we'd get an sms after the race with the official time but I haven't received anything yet.

Wow this was tough, a lot of climbing over the expected rocky terrain. Loved the technical downhill stuff.

I fell in the muddy river at 17km after knocking my bars against that cement fence, so thanks to all the people who observed "Fall in the mud?". Since I was coated from waist down it was fairly obvious. :eek:  Dont think starting that race cold was a good plan, better to warm up. Hope I feel stronger at Clarens next weekend, this was a sufferfest. 

Archived