Name and Shame

Overlord

By that same logic shops could slag off another shop on here then.

It's interesting how theres this assumption that shops are making money' date=' as if the guys are millionaires.

Shall look for the Porche in the parking lot next time.
[/quote']

By the same logic then are we assuming that because they dont make "millions" its "okay" to give poor service.?

Very few small busineses make their owners millions (irrespective of what field they are involved in) and as most cycle shops can be classes as "small busineses" it would follow that the owners knew this full well before they got involved.

Service and profitability certainly have a connection, but its not the only reason busineses succeed or fail, ESKOM has a disgracefull level of service as do most of our mobile telecommunication operators, yet as we all know , they DO make Billions.

The best service I recieve is from my local newspaper vendor on the street corner, whenever he sees my car he makes a point of running over risking life and limb to get my paper to me - he is always smiling and dos his job to the best of his ability and respects me as a client, yet I dont think he even owns a "dik wiel" bicycle let alone an expensive german car. 

Service is a clients "right" - it is a sign of a customers trust in the business he frequents and a corresponding sign of that businessmans respect for the customer, it has nothing to do with how much money the business makes or looses, what car the owner drives or where he lives.

Lets not equate money and respect, the two are not interlinked.

porky2008-03-31 13:45:26

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone been on hellopeter.com lately?

B.T.W. A friend of mine wanted to start MTB?ng and I direct him to a shop in canal walk where he bought TWO bikes(plus gear etc) on saturday for him and wifey coming to a total of +-R14k and the shop did not even set the suspension up for him! He was totally oblivious that the shops should do it for you and had no idea how in the first place.

I for one have had 4 bad experiences with this shop(on 1 occasion the assistant helped me with a smokers breath!!!!) and I will never spend on more cent with them.

One a positive note - there's a shop at cape gate that give you fantastic service' date=' good prices and quality product!!

See, that was easy, I never mentioned a shop or brand name:-)
[/quote']

I don't understand why, if you have had 4 bad experiences with the shop, you would direct your friend to go there?

...here we go with the PC bullsh*t again. What is it that something just cannot be black or white! The shop gave bad service...a very common occurrence in this current SA...let them face the consequenses and learn from it. The problem is that we give them the opportunity to make excuses for their service, these are accepted by the apathetic public and so the ball of sh*t grows. Business is tough guys...do it right or get your butt kicked....

...here we go with the PC bullsh*t again. What is it that something just cannot be black or white! The shop gave bad service...a very common occurrence in this current SA...let them face the consequenses and learn from it. The problem is that we give them the opportunity to make excuses for their service' date=' these are accepted by the apathetic public and so the ball of sh*t grows. Business is tough guys...do it right or get your butt kicked....[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Anyone been on hellopeter.com lately?

B.T.W. A friend of mine wanted to start MTB?ng and I direct him to a shop in canal walk where he bought TWO bikes(plus gear etc) on saturday for him and wifey coming to a total of +-R14k and the shop did not even set the suspension up for him! He was totally oblivious that the shops should do it for you and had no idea how in the first place.

I for one have had 4 bad experiences with this shop(on 1 occasion the assistant helped me with a smokers breath!!!!) and I will never spend on more cent with them.

One a positive note - there's a shop at cape gate that give you fantastic service' date=' good prices and quality product!!

See, that was easy, I never mentioned a shop or brand name:-)
[/quote']

I don't understand why, if you have had 4 bad experiences with the shop, you would direct your friend to go there?

with friends like that ?

Do we still name the shop that gives crappy service or no service at all?Angry

I say you should just do it. There is enough praise given and recommendations when people are pleased with service. You'd be doing people here a favour by letting them know about shoddy service. If the store finds out about it, hopefully that should be the impetus for lifting their game. Just do it!

...here we go with the PC bullsh*t again. What is it that something just cannot be black or white! The shop gave bad service...a very common occurrence in this current SA...let them face the consequenses and learn from it. The problem is that we give them the opportunity to make excuses for their service' date=' these are accepted by the apathetic public and so the ball of sh*t grows. Business is tough guys...do it right or get your butt kicked....[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Well said.

Do we still name the shop that gives crappy service or no service at all?Angry

I believe your question has been answered by consensus then.

Ian J and Holy roller, I sent my bud there to look at the bike not buy it there(they have a nice variety on the floor) but, he couldn't wait and bought the bikes there. So it was partly my and his fault.

BUT lets not get into my stupidity - we're talking about bad and good service here,Hug

To be fair, different people experience different service levels at LBS's. At the shop originally named, I have experienced both excellent and poor service.

Often it depends on who you are dealing with, some staff take thier job's seriously, and others don't. Now before the comments fly, yes, I agree, management should not allow this to happen.

Also the customers approach can often be the trigger to the kind of service received.

We as customers need to be more assertive, if you experience bad service, take the issue up there and then. If the management shows no sign of interest in your comments, then tell them clearly that they have lost a customer.

Sooner or later, they will either get it right, or they will go out of business!!

Ian J and Holy roller' date=' I sent my bud there to look at the bike not buy it there(they have a nice variety on the floor) but, he couldn't wait and bought the bikes there. So it was partly my and his fault.

BUT lets not get into my stupidity - we're talking about bad and good service here,Hug
[/quote']

No problem - just couldn't work out why you would tell someone to go there if you were not happy with the service.

ja nee onetime i was there sunday to change some things that were wrongly packaged one meduim one large AngryAngry suppose it was my own fault for not looking but they were stapled together. This one lady there with a camelback on was waiting for service so were about 4 other peoples and she just chucked the stuff down and stormed out. they are not jacked up at all . service is not up to scratch but them being where they are they can afford to be like that cos all the bored hubbies and boyfriends wonder in there whilst Sweetie does the shopping at Queenspark' date='  red square,Edgars whoolies jy weet mos .

then we wander around looking for things we need Ouch and then we try and smokkel them into the car without tem seeing. they got the monoply in the centre so they dont careCryCry

[/quote']

Isn't that stealing ?  LOLLOLLOL