75km/35km and 10km fun ride. Start time 8h00
Entries www.cycleevents.co.za
Number Collection:
At the venue, Nigel Italian Club;
Sunday 19 April 2015, from 06:30 – 07:30

• Contact Details:
    Paolo: 083 822 3745
    Lizelle: 083 550 1632

Goodie Bag for the first 800 entries in the 35km and 75km events.

Go to Event Page

I see there is some rain predicted.

I hope the weatherman is wrong. Either way I looking forward to getting back to them Nigel roots :)

I am so glad we ignored the weather reports and went to ride. It's such a little gen of a race.

Even with my wife having a proper bail at about 18km in the 30km race and my complete lack of legs in the 75km, we both really enjoyed it and finished with big smiles.

Worth mentioning is how good it was to see the local community getting involved. From marshals to the friendly faces at the water points, from land owners, pancake makers and the guys behind the scenes. Thank you all  :thumbup:

Thanks guys, we need to promote this race as much as possible so that next year we will get more people to enjoy the route.

extract from the comissaire's report

"congratulations on a excellent, well organized event, it was privliged to be part of the event.

Please pass on my congratulations to your entire Team"

results at : http://www.spectrumsport.co.za/Portals/17/ResultDoc/Route42_Mtb_20150419.pdf

It was my first time doing this race and really enjoyed it . Was surprised by the route especially those climbs up the koppie but had a blast coming down the rocky descent .

A well organized race and the weather played along although a bit of wind on the way back

Ever since this event was 1st held at the stadium and known as the Suikerbos MTB race its been well run. Moved to the Italian club its still a challenging route, well organized, decent goodie bags, free coffee at start, bike wash, pizzza and beer at finish.

Talk is that next year it might move to start/finish at the Toyota dealership, not sure how that will work out. 

What a fantastic event .

Well organised in every aspect , from number collection , to marshalling ..... everything .

Tough , challenging route , and the wind didn't help me too much .

I will definitely be back next year .

Thoroughly enjoyed this event. As I said this is the third time I have done it and it has been a blast since day one. Was an extreme challenge the first try but is getting better each year.

I still dont see how they can make VETS 30-50.../ how can a 50 year old compete against a 30 year old in a mtb event? Also looking at the results, the first U30 was way back in the field... clearly not a very competitive catagory anymore?

Archived