Most effective/efficient MTB Suspension Design

racman

So what Rear Suspension design is the most efficient an effective in reducing "pedal bob" (no, not Bob the BuilderBig%20smile) and what MTB (obviousely) uses these designs to the best effect in your opinion.

(Oh, and before the "smarties" reply Wink - A hardtail is not classed as a suspension design LOL)

I would say the shock plays a bigger role. Take the "brain" shock on the Spaztic bikes. They say they are brilliant and I'm sure if you pop it into a Raleigh people will start raving about it.

Felt VIRTUE. I have demo'ed and ridding and tried and owned a lot of FS bikes and can honestly say that nothing is more pedal efficient than the Equilink found on a Felt. Anybody interested in demoing a Medium Virtue Two PM me and I will try and organise.

the giant anthem carbon.... they say its the best ever made or the rocky mountain element(top of range ofcourse)

3 for the Anthem carbon, coz I own one!

But seriously there is no pedal bob and very good lateral stiffness. The only downside to the anthem is that you are limited to 3.5" travel and the damping is quite firm.

Whilst I see the appeal of single pivot in that it is light and easier to maintain, there is always going to be lateral play and pedal bob.

My 2c!

Felt VIRTUE. I have demo'ed and ridding and tried and owned a lot of FS bikes and can honestly say that nothing is more pedal efficient than the Equilink found on a Felt. Anybody interested in demoing a Medium Virtue Two PM me and I will try and organise.

Hey Crow - I thought you were a Titus man !!!!Big%20smile

Scalpel?? as Para says shock plays part I personally would say the Spec Epic is the one I want.