Ride2Work 22 April

Andrew_Russell

I've been wanting to commute for some time now, guess I'll give it a shot on Wednesday then.

I'll be going from Linden to Sandton, I'll probably go along the Spruit up to Jan Smuts then find a way through Craighall, Hurlingham then up Sandhurst.

Anyone know of a better/safer/quieter route?

Sorry for the hijack!

Would be keen to find out what some of the longer commutes are?

I am tempted to do n moese commute but my office is a very hilly 44km away. 

Do you guys all have showers at your office?

Would love to ride to work, but don't want to spend the whole day stewing in my juices due to lack of shower.

No but I have perfected the cowboy splash. New building will have showers and bike racks, cant wait! 

I do 15km.  44km is quite a distance but in my experience it all depends on traffic - how long will it take by car vs how long will it take to cycle.  My cycle time is shorter than my car time in JHB traffic so its a win.

i put it up on our office noticeboard....we work in airport industria...so not many takers!

I live 1.1km from the office.  Problem is it is just one hill.  Downhill towork but 15% gradient to get home!

Damn...do you take the same route back if you get to work and realise you forgot something?

:clap:  :clap: noooooo

Archived