Which fork for Giant Anthem X 29er?

Chip

Time to go fork shopping. Can someone please explain what's wrong with Fox. They seem pretty popular with them manufacturers or do they just opt for price

#1 I think they had a design fart with the 2013/2014 CTD models where the compression damping just didn't provide sufficient support so the fork blew through its travel. Its was ok in the open position but the medium position left mucg to be desired anf thats where most poeple set it and left it.

#2 there was a problem with creaking crowns on some forks. These as far as I know were replaced under warranty by the agents.

The 2016 FIT4 is allegedly much better i.e. they fixed their compression stack.

#3 Yes they're more expensive than the equivalent Rock Shox Fork.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1 I think they had a design fart with the 2013/2014 CTD models where the compression damping just didn't provide sufficient support so the fork blew through its travel. Its was ok in the open position but the medium position left mucg to be desired anf thats where most poeple set it and left it.

#2 there was a problem with creaking crowns on some forks. These as far as I know were replaced under warranty by the agents.

The 2016 FIT4 is allegedly much better i.e. they fixed their compression stack.

#3 Yes they're more expensive than the equivalent Rock Shox Fork.

You forgot to mention expensive to service.

I'm the lucky winner of a creaking crown just outside of warranty. For a few thousand ZAR more of the steerer-crown-stanchion assembly I can get a brand new Reba, so going for the 120mm option.

I always ride the FOX in open position (descend) - get the set-up right and you will be smiling. Get it wrong and it's a dog, pretty much as any fork will be.

If I did not have the creaking crown issue, which apparently is mainly related to hard riding buffalo class riders, I would not have wanted to change.

Reba will go on begin August  :thumbup:

Archived