[Event] Ultra Triathlon

ROCKMAN X-TRIATHLON

Event Name: Ultra Triathlon
When: 6 December 2015
Where: Hero Adventure Park, Heia Safari Ranch, Gauteng
Category: Multisport

Disciplines:1800m Swim70km MTB18km Trail Run One of a kind! Safer, tougher and more challenging than any other. With diverse and hardcore terrain- you will need stamina, core strength and the mental capacity to become the ultimate “ROCKMAN”. It’s time to take it off road.

DATE: 6th December

VENUE: Hero Adventure Park, Heia Safari Ranch

ONLINE ENTRIES

Ultra & Dash Individual: Entries Open 1st June 2015

Ultra & Dash Teams: Entries Open 1st June 2015

Enter before end of September to stand a chance to WIN awesome prizes & to avoid any late entry penalities

Go to Event Page

Hi Rockman

I suggest you move this to Multisport forum. You will get more views and discussion from us Multisporters there than under Events.

What is the general feeling on the R1,400 entry fee? Me - I think it's a little crazy. I understand that more organisation goes into tri/du than cycling but 4-6 times the price is a little steep in my opinion. Supply and demand I suppose. I will be voting with my wallet - no chance you'll see me there.

As you say Eldron the cost of hosting a tri/Du event is considerably more than a cycle event. I would hazard a guess that this is the cheapest ultra event on the calender though

Unfortunately with smaller/newer events you still have fixed costs.

For example: You have two ambulances for a typical race whether you have two hundred or two thousand entrants.

Triathlon events are also commercial ventures unlike cycle and running races which are run by clubs and play off the charity of members for their time. Organisers tend to pay for labour rather than try and build a volunteer culture.

Affiliation fees are not cheap and if you want it on TV, prepare to pay some big cheques.

So the two hundred entries have to pay a lot of salaries.

Sun City Ultra has 241 starters and the Sprint 240 starters. I seriously doubt they made any money out of that.

Triathlon has also a fanatical following which is less price sensitive. If you halved the entry fee, I doubt you would get twice the entrants (although you would probably need three times the entrants to make the same money as there are also lots of per capita costs). 

What is the general feeling on the R1,400 entry fee? Me - I think it's a little crazy. I understand that more organisation goes into tri/du than cycling but 4-6 times the price is a little steep in my opinion. Supply and demand I suppose. I will be voting with my wallet - no chance you'll see me there.

It is expensive, but in terms of distances its cheaper than the alternatives.

If after ten years you create a super popular event, you can do like IMSA and start a new event with 3000 entrants @ R2500 per head three months before the event.

Long term effort equals long term returns.

Unfortunately with smaller/newer events you still have fixed costs.

For example: You have two ambulances for a typical race whether you have two hundred or two thousand entrants.

Triathlon events are also commercial ventures unlike cycle and running races which are run by clubs and play off the charity of members for their time. Organisers tend to pay for labour rather than try and build a volunteer culture.

Affiliation fees are not cheap and if you want it on TV, prepare to pay some big cheques.

So the two hundred entries have to pay a lot of salaries.

Sun City Ultra has 241 starters and the Sprint 240 starters. I seriously doubt they made any money out of that.

Triathlon has also a fanatical following which is less price sensitive. If you halved the entry fee, I doubt you would get twice the entrants (although you would probably need three times the entrants to make the same money as there are also lots of per capita costs).

All fair and logical point but I still aint going.

Id rather do a mtb race and trail run separately and out the other R1000 in my pocket.

Value is a relative thing indeed.

Eldron maybe wait till they announce the prizemoney till you make a decision  :drool:

with your ability it may just be worth your while  :clap:

Eldron maybe wait till they announce the prizemoney before you make a decision  :drool:

with your ability it may just be worth your while  :clap:

All fair and logical point but I still aint going.

Id rather do a mtb race and trail run separately and out the other R1000 in my pocket.

Value is a relative thing indeed.

I have the same response. Viva the free market, viva!

Archived