Clothing donation :: Who IN CT?

T-Bob

I've just cleared out the closet and have a bunch of jerseys, shorts, liners and tights that I'm honestly not going to sell. 

Would like to donate it to a development project or someone similar but not sure who is best so if anyone out there in hubland can give me a pointer that would be great. It's mostly road stuff. 

Cheers fellas! 

I've just cleared out the closet and have a bunch of jerseys, shorts, liners and tights that I'm honestly not going to sell. 

Would like to donate it to a development project or someone similar but not sure who is best so if anyone out there in hubland can give me a pointer that would be great. It's mostly road stuff. 

Cheers fellas! 

If you donate it to a NPO, determine a value, ask for a receipt and then deduct it from your annual tax return as a donation.

Its a little less for the idiots in government to spend .......

If you donate it to a NPO, determine a value, ask for a receipt and then deduct it from your annual tax return as a donation.

Its a little less for the idiots in government to spend .......

Just make sure that the NPO is registered for Tax Exemption and 18a, Not all NPOs are registered for 18a, many are but not all so just double check.

Tax stuff aside, Sipho from Velokhaya came past yesterday and picked up a lot of kit. We had a great chat and he invited me down to see what they do and how they do it next week before he head to Europe on a commentating gig. 

To be honest I can't wait. The guy had so much excitement and passion about the projects and the successes (like Songezo Jim) that I ran in to the shed and grabbed some shoes and other kit that I was actually selling and handed them over as well. Just seemed a better idea than a few hundred bucks here or there. 

If you've got nothing else to do today why not sort out your kit draw and pass on some of the stuff that you haven't worn in ages. I was shocked about how much clutter there was that I'd never really used. ;)

Edited by hellocolour

Nice one hellocolour. Yeah I donated a Suntour fork and some wheels to Velokhaya a while back. The gents went out of their way and used public transport to pick them up. Really dedicated peeps that have been doing a lot in their community and apparently build a small pump track in Kayelitsha to.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to give because I tend to wear my stuff until it is unusable but I will keep this thread in mine. Salute you all!

I just dropped off a whole car full of bikes, frames, parts, shoes, helmets and clothes. How did I manage to horde so much?! 

I must admit that a lot of the stuff is still very usable. Its just too easy to buy new stuff these days. I'll have to watch my spending in future. 

Tax stuff aside, Sipho from Velokhaya came past yesterday and picked up a lot of kit. We had a great chat and he invited me down to see what they do and how they do it next week before he head to Europe on a commentating gig.

To be honest I can't wait. The guy had so much excitement and passion about the projects and the successes (like Songezo Jim) that I ran in to the shed and grabbed some shoes and other kit that I was actually selling and handed them over as well. Just seemed a better idea than a few hundred bucks here or there.

If you've got nothing else to do today why not sort out your kit draw and pass on some of the stuff that you haven't worn in ages. I was shocked about how much clutter there was that I'd never really used. ;)

procrastination is my biggest stumbling bloke, but I'll get it to it this week I promise, along with those cheap race medals, 10 year old water bottles, etc.

Nice one hellocolour. Yeah I donated a Suntour fork and some wheels to Velokhaya a while back. The gents went out of their way and used public transport to pick them up. Really dedicated peeps that have been doing a lot in their community and apparently build a small pump track in Kayelitsha to.

not a pump track, it's a full size BMX track, loads of fun to be had there.

I have shoes and vests too. Also a square taper crank and bb that I don't think anyone wants but is still very usable. If I give them a call they will just come and collect?

Edited by popcorn_skollie

I have shoes and vests too. Also a square taper crank and bb that I don't think anyone wants but is still very usable. If I give them a call they will just come and collect?

I reckon. Give the guy a ring.

Sipho Mona

c + 27 (0) 72 837 3566

http://velokhaya.com/contact-us/

I just dropped off a whole car full of bikes, frames, parts, shoes, helmets and clothes. How did I manage to horde so much?! 

I must admit that a lot of the stuff is still very usable. Its just too easy to buy new stuff these days. I'll have to watch my spending in future. 

I'm actually amazed abut the various things that I've collected over the last 3 years alone. Jerseys from charity rides, things that I should have thought better of, 'last seasons' shorts, partly white shorts (sorry cycling gods), handle bars, tape, loads of cats eye computers, bottles, bottles and more bottles, saddles (while oddly only having the same 1 on each bike for 3 years) and a small collection of decent condition mtb 26'r wheels which I won't ever use but there is nothing at all wrong with and most people here wouldn't give R200 for. 

Edited by hellocolour