MENSA, DENSA and now CYCENSA

Esquire

But seemingly Spidy people 'become different' immediatley they get on an MTB (even the so called hardcore arrogant miserable roadies) ..................... they get friendly, they greet all and sundry, stop to help each other etc. etc.

Amazing thing this switch from road to mountain can do for a person..........

Road cyclists in general have a K@K attitude.

Generally they don't even great each other when they pass each other on the roads in the morning... Bunch of w@nkers...

i know a few people who have given up cycling cause of this attitude ..

Mountain Biking is an entirely different matter where everyone greets everyone ad nauseum, but transfer that friendliness to the road and the vacant blank stares one gets !!

Now where did I leave my wooden spoon ? LOL

But seemingly Spidy people 'become different' immediatley they get on an MTB (even the so called hardcore arrogant miserable roadies) ..................... they get friendly' date=' they greet all and sundry, stop to help each other etc. etc.

Amazing thing this switch from road to mountain can do for a person..........
[/quote']

The funny (or not so funny) thing is that I've always been a roadie and have never had a mountain bike but being a friendly person I greet everyone when I'm out on my bike (runners, people on road bikes, people on MTBs, people walking to work ... you get the picture) - what really gets me is that my "fellow" roadies ignore me when I'm greeting them.

JUST SAY HELLO AND THEN YOU CAN CONTINUE WITH YOUR TOUR DE FRANCE TRAINING!!!

End of rant.  Sorry you've got a bad impression of cyclists Esquire - we're not all like that.

This is something I have been wanting to mention here for a while now... I do not think that this is a fair reflection... Roadie or MTB rider this is something I am sure if broken down will be a 50 50 trait and not something that is unique to Roadies..

I moved from Centurion to Parktown at the end of last year and I really find JHB to be 1 Million times worse then Centurion.. Maybe it is unfair as all the time in Centurion you start to reconise most of the people that you see once or twice a week... But I can not tell you the amount of times in the last couple of weeks that I have been left feeling like an idiot with my hand in the air after greeting someone and being totally ignored... Scary actually was starting to wonder if it was the kit and the bike but I doubt that as everyone loves TCS and Cannondale.. Wink

But I think it is really time that we turn this around and make everyone wish that they could cycle as there is such a good spirit amoungst fellow cyclists..

Road cyclists in general have a K@K attitude.

I think you can make the scope bigger and say SA road users have a K@K attitude, whether you driving a car, motorbike, bicycle or being on foot.

For a long time I would tell motorists if lights were not working on their vehicles.  Not too long ago they would appreciate it.  Knowadays they want to bliksem you.

yep, many (if not most) of SA road users (all of them - pedestrians, cyclists, bikers and cages) do have a bad attitude, but please don't paint all of us with the same brush. as for idjuts riding / being on rhe road without lights - let the law of natural selection get rid of them by means of a taxi or such like - why work yourself up over them?

For a long time I would tell motorists if lights were not working on their vehicles.  Not too long ago they would appreciate it.  Knowadays they want to bliksem you.

That is scary how many car's lights don't work. Imagine you stop behind a car at a traffic light, you get out to tell them their lights don't work and 1. someone else drive away with your car or 2. you knock on their window and they shoot you thinking you are a hi-jacker.

Esquire, I'm sure you've also met friendly cyclists in Sunninghill ... I live on Faraday Rd and cruise around Sunninghill Estate and Gardens almost every second day ... better make sure you greet me back next time we pass each other Wink.

Oh, I slept in this am - so it wasn't me Sleepy

In Belgium/Holland/UK/... they often blame the bad weather for the unfriendly attitude of people.

In SA it could be related to crime, eskom, politics, stress... maybe a good research topic!!

In Belgium/Holland/UK/... they often blame the bad weather for the unfriendly attitude of people.

In SA it could be related to crime' date=' eskom, politics, stress... maybe a good research topic!!
[/quote']

When on a buyseecirl you should never be in a bad mood. What is better then being outside on a buyk.

The situation is just as bad here in cape town. Some cyclist will ride past you, almost touching you, and will then not even say hi.

What irritates me even more is when I pass someone (while training) and they do not greet me, but they feel the freedom to sit on my back wheel. And it is always the guys!