GPS Dusi2c

Judge

Is anyone else battling to get the course for the race onto their devices - I have a Garmin 800 edge and have loaded the course onto it in the 3 different formats and while they show on the computer as being on the device - they don't reflect on the device at all - I have read that Garmin Express is a problem and have removed it but still no luck. Does anyone else have the same problems and more importantly how does one fix it?

Pull the .fit files into Dropbox on your PC. Move the files from your Dropbox onto a folder on your desktop. Plug in your gps unit and open its folder menu. Open courses. Drag the .fit files from the folder you created on the desktop into the courses folder on the gps unit.

That's how I did it for the Sani files

Pull the .fit files into Dropbox on your PC. Move the files from your Dropbox onto a folder on your desktop. Plug in your gps unit and open its folder menu. Open courses. Drag the .fit files from the folder you created on the desktop into the courses folder on the gps unit.

That's how I did it for the Sani files

that is what I did this time but no luck.It wont reflect on the device under courses.

Is anyone else battling to get the course for the race onto their devices - I have a Garmin 800 edge and have loaded the course onto it in the 3 different formats and while they show on the computer as being on the device - they don't reflect on the device at all - I have read that Garmin Express is a problem and have removed it but still no luck. Does anyone else have the same problems and more importantly how does one fix it?

Unplug the gps, turn it off, wait a little while and turn it on again separate of the PC to be certain. That's all I have to suggest.

that is what I did this time but no luck.It wont reflect on the device under courses.

Place them in the folder called New Files and when you next turn on your unit it will create the routes.

This works for all 3 major file types.

For the Garmin Edge 800, I loaded the .fit files and they work fine. I tried loading the Holla gpx files and they do not show on the device.

For the Garmin Edge 800, I loaded the .fit files and they work fine. I tried loading the Holla gpx files and they do not show on the device.

thanks Guys - the trick is to place the files into the new files folder on your device and not the courses folder. Guess using a course once a year makes one forget .