Disappointed in coach Swen Lauer - swenlauer.com

MarcL

this is an internal issue between you and him...what exactly are you trying to accomplish hereother than to present a one sided story

I think he's trying to get his money back, or at least the rest of the program he paid for.

Sometimes throwing an issue into a public forum is the only way to get some people to react... the legal route is out of the question for most, unless you have ridiculous amounts of time and money to waste, and it seems like he has made more than enough effort to get him to respond privately.

Also the fact that he made contact, not to arrange a refund, but only to tell OP to remove this thread, kinda alludes to his character.... although, with only one side of the story, one can only make assumptions 

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

common system these days. if it's personalised and professional then it makes a lot of sense. 

but it looks like you can't email him to get your p tested.

http://swenlauer.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/urine-chart.jpg?w=584&h=731

I am paying for 450 ZAR (not euros) for a similar service at a coach here in Pta.

I just hope he doesn't see this thread and decide to increase his fees. :whistling:

I am paying for 450 ZAR (not euros) for a similar service at a coach here in Pta.

I just hope he doesn't see this thread and decide to increase his fees. :whistling:

Quickly pay him 6 months in advance :devil: before he sees the fred :oops:   

this is an internal issue between you and him...what exactly are you trying to accomplish hereother than to present a one sided story

anyway...its the epic..how much technical training do you need?

Well, obviously by posting it here had the desired effect. As he mentioned, he post it here as a last resort.

Long live the hub!!

Note that he is UCI certified trainer, maybe report the matter to the UCI? worth a try...

Also have to agree parting with that amount of money for coaching is borderline.... you know what I mean.

Quickly pay him 6 months in advance :devil: before he sees the fred :oops:   

hehe, I would rather pay him on a monthly basis. I don't just learn from my own mistakes, but also from those made by others :whistling:

If there are three sides to every story - Mine / His and the truth?

Here's MINE: 

2 years ago, I sent my newbie wife to Swen Lauer for some skills. (Found him on the W2W site) - I tagged along for fun and Swen did a great job with my wife... She is now a demon on the MTB - Thanks for that.

Fast forward to this year, as I got an Epic entry, I decided to call up coach Swen to get a training program. He explained he had all these top athletes and agreed to give me a program based on my very erratic schedule. (I'm away for weeks at a time and can't train, but then home for weeks where I can train without restriction - I sent him my schedule)

His fee was around R1000 per month plus a R1000 deposit. I agreed to pay him for 6 months in advance and I paid in Euros - I gave him €600. My first mistake....

About a week later a got a two week block of a training program. After that two week period, I was away for a week so was not alarmed when I did not receive anything else. Then into week four, nothing... and week five nothing.

I sent a couple of reminder emails... nothing.

So on week six, I made other arrangements. That was a month ago and to date, still no reply to my emails with regards to refunding my money.

I tried calling but no luck either....

So before I rant about him running off with my money and not delivering on the agreement, I would like him to either explain HIS side or refund my money. 

So over to you Swen Lauer....

UPDATE 2

Swen Lauer has asked for bank details. I feel progress is being made, so standing by for POP and then I'll remove this post.

We can always start...."SVEN LAUER, AND THE MISSING TRAINING PROGRAM MYSTERY THREAD" once this one is deleted :P

Amazed how people would rather try show how clever they are at reading a sentence rather than the actual point. Welcome to the hub

A few months ago Swen had a bad fall and broke his back and went for surgery and was flat on his back for weeks, not long after that when he was back on his bike, he broke his knee and was back in hospital for surgery again, this was about a month ago and i believe he is now overseas recovering and doing some soft riding.

Archived